Heller loses his cool.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 11:17:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Heller loses his cool.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Heller loses his cool.  (Read 337 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 19, 2012, 05:29:41 PM »

http://www.ralstonreports.com/blog/heller-loses-cool-senate-race-turns-ugly

You could almost feel it over the last few weeks.
Sen. Dean Heller, with help from his Rovian friends, has been pounding Rep. Shelley Berkley over her ethics troubles.  And despite her abysmal handling of the issue at times, the congresswoman has kept the race close. Yes, her image has taken a battering, and polls may lag that phenomenon, but this race is still far from over.

So although it was out of character for Heller to resort to hyperventilating hyperbole today by calling Berkley "the most unethical, corrupt person I’ve ever met in my life.” Really? Compared to ex-Sen. John Ensign, whom I think Heller met?

I still think Heller is a slight favorite here because of the ethics probe and Berkley’s challenge in Washoe County. But if Mitt Romney continues to falter in Nevada – and Heller scurried away from the GOP nominee today quicker than you can say “47 percent” – and the Democratic turnout machine reaches 2008, or even 2010 effectiveness, this could be a race where a congresswoman under an ethics cloud could win against a previously squeaky clean senator.

And the first debate is one week from today: Bring your popcorn.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 08:08:10 PM »

This whole "ethics" thing was cooked up by Boehner and the Republican House to try and save a Senate seat.  Berkeley should be pointing this out. 
RodPresident
Brazil

Political Matrix
E: -7.23, S: -3.30

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 08:40:44 PM »

Looks like former Senators of DEM and PSDB who tried to say that they didn't hate Lula to not to be booted in 2010 (and most of them failed).
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies