Concert of Europe: Rules and General Discussion Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 08:12:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Concert of Europe: Rules and General Discussion Thread (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8
Poll
Question: Which system would you prefer for calculating battles?
Dice

Random Number Generator

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 9

Author Topic: Concert of Europe: Rules and General Discussion Thread  (Read 30275 times)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2017, 02:54:22 PM »

I totally oppose it. It was DKrolga who chose to disinherit his daughter.

I would have accepted if there was a malicious attempt from gotfan to tell dkrolga " you" before leaving and screwing the UK player, but that wasn't the case.

However, I must admit something else. Even with this exchange, there is 0 way the regent of the Netherlands now as NPC would accept a white peace with France no matter how damaged the situation could be for the Netherlands as Gotfan has played this game as sooooo anti-French, literally PMing me "I will burn Paris if you don't accept to give me Belgium".

So I suggest that this exchange remains and that the now NPC dutch is E-X-T-R-E-M-E-L-Y anti french, that was the way he was playing it.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2017, 05:43:53 PM »

Spamage,
Could you say which country is concerned please?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2017, 10:27:41 AM »

The UK declared war against France.
Prussia declared war against France.
The Netherlands declared war against France.
Portugal declared war against France.
Poland declared war against France.
The Ottomans declared war against France.

And then it's me who is considered as a murderous bellicist Tongue
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2017, 03:23:26 PM »

Just a reminder the turn closes in 4 hours, still missing some players' orders.

If I get everything in order, I may even be able to post the war update tonight (though it's looking like there's  twice as much to calculate compared to last time, so I'm not 100% sure) Smiley
Don't worry I will send you that in time.

I think too much lol
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2017, 06:00:52 PM »

I'm a bit stressed about the results of this turn lol.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2017, 06:15:02 PM »

The turn has officially ended since 15 minutes right?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2017, 12:18:53 AM »

If there is one player that is impressing me, that is definitely Lumine.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2017, 02:21:37 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Are you serious???

I mean, I like him at personal level but he's going to play a character who will have such a massive impact on many players. What if he decides to excommunicate me for no reason? He always ends up betraying me in all the games we play for no ing reason. It's a very bad idea to have the Pope being playable as it could have so many consequences.

So I suppose the agreements I passed with the Pope in the beginning of the game to reform my realm will no longer in effect too?

windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2017, 10:09:13 AM »

Are you serious???

I mean, I like him at personal level but he's going to play a character who will have such a massive impact on many players. What if he decides to excommunicate me for no reason? He always ends up betraying me in all the games we play for no ing reason. It's a very bad idea to have the Pope being playable as it could have so many consequences.

So I suppose the agreements I passed with the Pope in the beginning of the game to reform my realm will no longer in effect too?

I'd obviously step in if he did something as extreme and put of character as excommunicate you. I think it'll be interesting to add a player with very little military power, but in control of  perhaps the most organized social institution  in history.

Unless he voids them, the agreements between the Crown and the Church remain valid.
I have no objections anymore Smiley.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2017, 10:47:03 AM »

Are you serious???

Well I'm glad you meant what you said about not taking these games personally Roll Eyes

And I've "betrayed" you once for a perfectly understandable reason.  The game of thrones game wasn't a betrayal b/c we were never on the same side as far as I was concerned.  House Tyrell was a pawn that had developed a mind of its own and gone completely off the reservation from my in-game POV.  I never hid the fact that I completely disagreed with your plan (which ran directly counter to my own goals) and even directly told you as much IRC.  It's only natural that I opposed an early peace which would end the War of the Five Kings early and killing you was the best way to make your coalition fall apart before it solidified since I couldn't talk you out of it.  Btw, I was playing as Littlefinger so complaining about me doing that is basically like complaining about me playing IC.  And even then, I tried to exhaust all other options first.  

In this game, I "betrayed" you for completely legitimate reasons which I've already explained to you privately.  It was a gamble based on the info available to me at the time and a logical one from Poland's POV.  You didn't tell me anything about getting the Pope's help nor could I have ever foreseen that Dkrolga would essentially declare war on Catholics.  For most of my time in this game, I was a pretty good ally despite serious reservations.  I gave useful advice (which you even ended up agreeing with more than a few times), did everything I could to protect you from the mistakes other players wanted you to make (ex: going to war on the first turn), gave feedback about how you could improve your overall strength as a player, and even gathered quite a bit of useful intell.

And btw, it's a bit insulting that you're essentially trying to dictate who I'm allowed to play as before I've even done anything.  I mean, it's just game.  I could make complaints about your in-game style too, but that wouldn't really be productive right now.  Believe it or not, I don't go into these games thinking "gosh, how can I screw over Windjammer?"  You can ask Lumine, Dereich, Spamage, or really anyone who I've played these games with often, I play to have fun and that's about it.  Dereich might even argue that I focus on having fun to a fault tbh (ex: The UN game), but I'll let him speak for himself.  Do I betray folks sometimes?  Sure, but it's never personal or based on some sort of vendetta.  I always have a plan...not always a good one, but I'm always a man with a plan in these games Tongue  Sometimes you get outplayed or betrayed and that's just how it goes.  If you take things so personally, you won't enjoy the games as much.  

P.S: I wasn't planning to excommunicate you, the thought literally never crossed my mind.  Maybe it might make sense to see what I do before getting so riled up.  I might surprise you and who knows, you might end up liking what I had planned Tongue  And negative thinking yields negative results.

Let me be clear about something, I don't think you have a "personal vendetta" against me, but what I believe however that you are literally Cersei Lannister, a tornado that ends up screwing up everyone, including yourself with your 20 dimension chess playing.

I wouldn't have made an objection if you were playing any other countries, including Russia, because this is a game and being betrayed is a part of this game.

Howevern tearing the church apart for literally 70% of Europe is too far for me and not a risk I would like to take. How is it difficult to understand? I oppose a so strong character can be playable as it could have many many wide consequences. But since Spamage's last statement, I don't oppose you playing this strong character anymore.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2017, 12:50:08 PM »

You pertinently know that I absolutely love this character and that this isn't meant as an insult. I seem to recall not a long time us talking via PM and I told you "I think you are literally Cersei Lannister." And you answered me by saying "Oh yes I totally agree Tongue". So I truly wonder why now you seem to throw an outrage about this suggestion, feeling insulted considering you *literally* agreed with this comparison last week, if not to try to portray me as the mean big villain and you as my victim?

And regarding as playing the Pope, well we both seem to agree on this. I wanted guarantees on this, and I have them, so have fun playing him Smiley.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2017, 08:04:22 PM »

With Spamage's permission, I have returned as Venice.
Welcome back!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2017, 08:01:40 AM »

Let me say that I'm truly impressed by Lumine's skills, truly by far the best player for me.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2017, 08:33:04 AM »

Let me say that I'm truly impressed by Lumine's skills, truly by far the best player for me.

Indeed. This is why I preferred him to be my ally.
Well, as for me, I saw it as a necessary move to become his enemy as I would instantly get the Russians, Sweish and Austtians on my side Tongue.

But yeah, I suppose a Prussia-France-Ottoman alliance could have been possible Smiley.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2017, 08:37:32 AM »

Indeed. This is why I preferred him to be my ally.
Well, as for me, I saw it as a necessary move to become his enemy as I would instantly get the Russians, Sweish and Austtians on my side Tongue.

But yeah, I suppose a Prussia-France-Ottoman alliance could have been possible Smiley.

I really dislike the situation when we have to be on opposite sides, but well, that's life.
Well, we all make our choices.

I chose to ally with the Russians and the Austrians knowing full well that the risk of the Ottomans siding against me would exist.

You chose to ally with my enemies despite my attempts of keeping you out the war, a strategically but risky you made.

We'll see who made the best choices after the end of the war, as choices obviously have consequences.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2017, 06:53:34 PM »

When I read all your well-written long posts, I'm a bit jealous as I would like to be able to do the same thing but I don't have these skills at all lol.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2017, 02:54:49 PM »

I don't pretent to guess Spamage's conceptions, but I think Polish revolution was really a big deal and should have far-reaching consequences.
What do you mean exactly???
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2017, 03:23:05 PM »

I don't pretent to guess Spamage's conceptions, but I think Polish revolution was really a big deal and should have far-reaching consequences.
What do you mean exactly???

I mean historically it is a big deal. I don't mean "storm the Bastille now!" Tongue
Oh, you mean like the effects of the French revolution on Europe (with a bit less consequences right?)?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2017, 10:46:13 AM »

Btw, how have you been?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2017, 01:59:23 PM »

I will submit my orders as soon as I can talk to Wallace, so hopefully tonight or tomorrow morning.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2017, 11:48:58 AM »

Christ, why am I the only one sending orders earlier?

Spamage should totally shorten a deadline.

I mean, I don't understand the problem? No one has yet missed the deadline.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2017, 12:11:23 PM »

Christ, why am I the only one sending orders earlier?

Spamage should totally shorten a deadline.

I mean, I don't understand the problem? No one has yet missed the deadline.

WAITING IS KILLING ME!! Cry
I understand but my anxious nature makes me think a lot about my moves Tongue
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2017, 01:00:09 PM »

Well, I'm sorry for seeing you all being stressed because you're waiting and so teension

Well, maybe for the next turns the deadline could be reduced by 2 days, with the possibility of players to ask an extension if really they were busy irls???

What do you think of that?

I mean, I don't want player to be too anxious lol.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2017, 03:25:03 AM »

My congratulations on Lumine lol
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2017, 06:13:06 AM »

Working on the update, will ideally have it posted tomorrow evening.

I am awaiting word from TimTurner and Henry Wallace on whether they wish to continue, either as their same Kingdom or perhaps a different realm (Genoa, Sardinia-Piedmont, the Netherlands, and Poland are all options). I'd like to recieve confirmation from both before I move forward, though in the meantime I've been drafting the prompts for the other players (I can always edit them back in after the turn starts should I not hear back in time).

I would agree with the earlier observation that this is much more interesting than the actual Seven Years War, the ideas and orders have been quite creative, making for a very interesting geopolitical situation. Smiley

Also sorry to see X go, though I can completely understand.
Take your time Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies