If you could introduce a Constitutional Amendment What would it be (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 03:37:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Constitution and Law (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  If you could introduce a Constitutional Amendment What would it be (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If you could introduce a Constitutional Amendment What would it be  (Read 70423 times)
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« on: September 30, 2015, 01:51:32 PM »

Term Limits (12 Yrs per house)
Line-Item Veto Amendment
Balanced Budget Amendment
Continuity of government Amendment
Treaty Loophole (Bricker) Amendment
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2017, 08:57:38 AM »

Term Limits (12 Yrs per house)
Line-Item Veto Amendment
Balanced Budget Amendment
Continuity of government Amendment (mass causality event, emergency house appoinments, emergency temp SCOTUS appointments, emergency quorum)
Treaty Loophole (Bricker) Amendment

New ideas:

-Presidential Term Limits (A single 6 year term)
-Eminent domain reform (overturning kelo)
-Floor privileges in congress for cabinet officers
-Definition of "commerce among the states" (overturning wickard)
-Removing the "punishment" exception to the 13th amendment
-4th amendment expansion (change "papers and effects" to "files and property", incorporate exclusionary rule)
-Explicitly ban religious tests for state office
-Clarify "privileges and immunities"(Overturning slaughterhouse cases)
-DC gets a Congress Person
-State limitations update (change "gold or silver" to "currency of the united states")
-pirate law reform (add "or on aircraft" after "high seas")
-2nd amendment clarification (delete prefratory clause, add "All persons have the right to keep and bear arms in defense of themselves, their families, their property, their state and country, and for other traditional lawful purposes")
-New right (freedom of movement)
-new right ("peaceably assemble or associate for lawful purposes")
-new right ("speech or thought")
- mechanism for state repeal of fed laws (2/3rds)
-14th amendment clarification  (delete sec. 3)
-preamble fun (add "evoking the favor of almighty God", remove "general welfare")
-17th amendment reform (state legislature chooses at last session before term expires, citizens can recall)
- Art.1, sec.4 reform  (modern spelling of "choose", add "times and" before "places of choosing")
- Art. 1, sec 8, cl 1 reform (modern spelling of "defense", replace "general welfare" with "carry on the government")
- Art. 1, sec 8, cl 5 reform (add "print or" before "coin money")
- postal reform (require self sufficiency after 5 years of passage)
- non-delegation (limit the lawmaking powers of admin agencies)
- environmental powers  (explicitly empower congress to regulate certain hazardous air and water pollution)
-prison powers (explicitly empower congress to construct and adminster prisons for federal criminals)
-land powers (explicitly empower congress to acquire new territory)
- art. 1, sec 8, cl 13 (add "or air and space force")
- mechanism for secession (2/3rds of legislature, 3/5ths of people in state for 1 yr or more, debt settlement commission, resettlement rights, rules for compensating people who choose to move to us rather than leave, rules for infrastructure)
-habeas clarification  (renew a suspension every 90 days, congress can overturn presidents declaration)
- treasury report (change "time to time" to "annually")
- titles of nobility (add "knightships" to things banned to congres people)
- 3rd amendment reform (also ban law enforcement)
-grand juries (change "capital or infamous crime" to "felony or crime where imprisonment is available")
-6th amendment reform (Add "unless expressly waived by the accused" at the beginning
-7th amendment reform (increase 20 to 500)
-art. 1, sec 10, cl 10 reform (delete "emit bills of credit")
-12th amendment reform  (3 highest vote getters for vice prez)
-commander in chief reform (add "air and space force)
- chief executive reform (prez can fire any fed employee at will if a report on it is sent to congress)
- recess appointment reform (no appoint a previously rejected nominee)
-art 2, sec 2, cl. 3 reform (change "he" to "the president")
-standing reform (allow congress to request an advisory opinion on the constitutionality of a fed law from SCOTUS with a 2/3 vote)
- art 3 jury reform (allow accused to expressly waive)
- ex post facto reform (prohibit retroactive civil penalties, partially overturning calder v bull)
- art 4, sec. 3, cl 3 reform (explicitly include federal lands as property)
-right of revolution (add "Government being instituted for the common benefit, protection, and security, of the whole community, and not for the private interest or emolument of any one man, family, or class of men; therefore, whenever the ends of government are perverted, and public liberty manifestly endangered, and all other means of redress are ineffectual, the people may, and of right ought to reform the old, or establish a new government. The doctrine of nonresistance against arbitrary power, and oppression, is absurd, slavish, and destructive of the good and happiness of mankind.)
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 12:03:36 AM »

shoot them if they won't surrender their guns peacefully.

Money quote!
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 07:09:44 PM »

You completely ignored the rest of the quote... I also suggested drafting them into the military, where they would be allowed to use a gun to their heart's content as long as they're there, or paying them sizable sums of money to buy the guns from them.

Your endgame, if needed, is still the mass murder of US citizens if they don't comply with being disarmed.

You would have another civil war on your hands in a hurry.

As much as I disagree with you on everything else, on this we can agree. what NewYorkExpress is talking about is an amazingly horrible idea.

I wonder if he'd be willing to shoot me ...
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 08:29:45 PM »

You completely ignored the rest of the quote... I also suggested drafting them into the military, where they would be allowed to use a gun to their heart's content as long as they're there, or paying them sizable sums of money to buy the guns from them.

Your endgame, if needed, is still the mass murder of US citizens if they don't comply with being disarmed.

You would have another civil war on your hands in a hurry.

As much as I disagree with you on everything else, on this we can agree. what NewYorkExpress is talking about is an amazingly horrible idea.

I wonder if he'd be willing to shoot me ...

Not in person, obviously... and I don't believe it will be necessary, if you pay citizens enough to hand in their guns.

$500 million tax free is my minimum asking price for my $600 rifle. I wont sell out my God given rights cheaply.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2017, 12:00:15 AM »

$500 million tax free is my minimum asking price for my $600 rifle. I wont sell out my God given rights cheaply.
Then I presume you'll cheerfully pay property tax and an annual license fee on your rifle, just as you do your motor vehicle.  And let's not forget your shooting license and mandatory liability insurance.  There's no constitutional bar to treating guns similarly to motor vehicles, and every reason to do so.

That only applies if you drive on public roads. I presume by this logic I can still be off-grid if I keep my rifle in my home correct?
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2017, 07:48:08 PM »

The property tax is general revenue, the license pays for highways. By analogy, having gun owners pay for the costs of investigating gun crimes, ER and other medical costs of gunshot victims, etc. seems quite reasonable.

No it doesn't.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2017, 11:08:23 PM »

The property tax is general revenue, the license pays for highways. By analogy, having gun owners pay for the costs of investigating gun crimes, ER and other medical costs of gunshot victims, etc. seems quite reasonable.

No it doesn't.

Why should the rest of society bear the cost of gun fetishists and the violence begotten by placing guns above people?

That's like saying Muslims should have to pay a Muslim tax because a tiny minority of adherents of their religion commit terrorism. There are 350 Million guns in private hands, whatever externalities you think exist apply to a fraction of a fraction of a fraction. Self-defense is an inalienable right, and no amount of saying "guns am skerry" changes that. There are externalities involved in freedom of speech, in due process rights, in religious freedom, in allowing people to gather ...
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2017, 07:13:14 AM »

Assuming 1 injury per gun, 100,000/350,000,000. Means .03% of all guns injure someone each year. What an epidemic.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies