How would/will you have voted? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:38:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  How would/will you have voted? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How would/will you have voted?  (Read 3721 times)
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« on: May 20, 2017, 07:06:56 AM »

-United Kingdom: Remain
-United States: Hillary
-The Netherlands: GL
-France: Macron
-United Kingdom: LibDem
-France: LREM
-Germany: Green Party (tactical)
-Italy: PD
-Austria: SPÖ
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 09:14:09 AM »

Why Hamon in France and D66 in the Netherlands? Hamon/GreenLeft or Macron/D66 make more sense to me.
This is also my question to ApatheticAustrian: why Macron in France in the first round and GL in the Netherlands?

Also, don't you mind voting SPÖ when they could potentially enter the government with the FPÖ (whereas the Greens wouldn't do this)?

could easily be that i would have switched to d66 if i learn a little bit more about GL-positions which are not so prominent in the media. (like, for example, international stuff or particular economical positions), i just like my progressive-pro-western agenda with a bit of "moderate" left-wing economics.

macron was an easy vote, only one candidate would have gone to the second round, the left brand was dead anyway after hollande and it was necessary to push him higher than fillon/melenchon.....besides i think france needs structural reforms, i don't think net netherlands need a lot of breaking-up.

regarding austria...... Kern is a good politican who knows how to play the media, the green party is going to have a weak year/candidate anyway and as an austrian you can't reject fpö coalitions permanently, if you want to govern at all. if wilder's share of the vote would be 30 points or more, it wouldn't be much different in the netherlands. my fav would have been a social-liberal coalition, ofc, but who am i kidding in this country?

i disagree with tender about the success of such a coalition, cause the national FPÖ doesn't have any clue how to govern at all and is living by a fragile coalition of pro-business ÖVP-friendly rural voters and pro-social welfare SPÖ-friendly urban voters, which couldn't be hold up inside of government ......but i am willing to take the risk against another lame black-blue coalition, since we haven't had the change to clear the mess of the last one.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 04:21:45 PM »

the prime minister of the non-eu-member UK can never ever be a similar danger to freedom as the prez of the US, even if he is a total nutjob.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies