Swedish general election, 2014 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 12:55:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Swedish general election, 2014 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who is getting/would get your vote?
Social Democrats

Moderates

Greens

Liberal People's Party

Centre Party

Swedish Democrats

Left Party

Christian Democrats

Feminist Initiative

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 61

Author Topic: Swedish general election, 2014  (Read 1389 times)
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« on: September 07, 2014, 02:21:00 PM »

This forum has changed... four years ago the Social Democrats would be crushing it at 60% or something. Certain things do get better after all. Smiley

This obviously isn't a hypothetical question for me, I'm going to vote for the Centre Party.
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 02:50:19 PM »

This obviously isn't a hypothetical question for me, I'm going to vote for the Centre Party.

Is that because of Centre's libertarian swing or in spite of it?

It's both for their liberal (as in the European Libertarian-light meaning of the word) stances on certain social and economic issues, but also their environmentalist policies, and their policies for rural and small town areas. So it's both, I guess, to sort of answer your question.

(Although I've had my doubts about the party at points the last four years, they're still the party that falls closest to my values by quite a margin.)  

Didn't the FI leader call for banning urinals at Swedish universities because allowing men to piss standing up was an assertion of alleged gender superiority or something? Kind of hard to believe they might even make the threshold...

It does sort of sound like a thing FI would suggest... they do have a lot of strange proposals, and I do know I've heard the urinal debate, but I'm not certain it was Schyman personally who suggested it in that case.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies