Is abortion and equal rights issue? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 03:03:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Is abortion and equal rights issue? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is abortion and equal rights issue?  (Read 3470 times)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: May 01, 2015, 01:45:46 AM »

Yes, in the sense that women deserve the same reproductive autonomy that men have.  As far as rights of the embryo/fetus goes?  That has mostly (if not everything) to do with the wishes of the mother.  If the mother doesn't want to give birth to it than no, I don't think it has rights, nor is it a person. 
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 06:52:03 PM »

Yes, in the sense that women deserve the same reproductive autonomy that men have.  As far as rights of the embryo/fetus goes?  That has mostly (if not everything) to do with the wishes of the mother.  If the mother doesn't want to give birth to it than no, I don't think it has rights, nor is it a person.  

What a wonderfully subjective little world view!

His position is subjective but has objectively beneficial social effects on living human beings. Your positions is subjective but has objectively negative social effects on living human beings.

All this talk of living human beings and yet you ignore the fact that abortion kills what is genetically human. The anti-science left strikes again.

My definitions of a biological human and what is a person are different.  Nice try tho, Al ; )
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies