Missing the obvious for 2020? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 01:48:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Missing the obvious for 2020? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Missing the obvious for 2020?  (Read 2235 times)
McGovernForPrez

« on: March 29, 2017, 08:53:39 PM »

I've never heard Perriello speak; does he have Obama or even Kander-level youthful charisma?  Because you need to be kind of that type of legendary charismatic figure that Obama was when he gave his speech as a state senator to have that sort of quick meteoric rise IMO.  

He'd be governor for 1 year and then basically have to start frantically laying the seeds for a 2020 run, seems implausible if he isn't already currently in 2017 being whispered about as a presidential figure by the Dem establishment like Obama was circa 2004.

ETA:  Schumer and other party leaders helping and even pushing obama into laying a 2008 groundwork was vitally important to both his decision to run and his win
I saw his recent interview on MSNBC and he looked very strong. He's really good at talking about issues that the working class want to hear. If he manages to win the primary after an endorsement from say, Sanders, I think he'd be an interesting candidate for 2020.
McGovernForPrez

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 07:10:31 AM »

I'm surprised so many Sanders followers support Tom Perriello, given he is arguably the Bernie Bro equivalent of Hillary Clinton -oozing with insincerity and inauthenticity.  He only changed his stripes from being a moderate conservative Virginia congressman to becoming basically a Sanders Democrat when he licked his forefinger and stuck it up in the air to see which way the wind was blowing.  

I thought that was why you absolutely hated her -unless, of course, it's okay if that candidate is one of yours. 

He played it off as representing his constituents' interests. Economically he's way more progressive than Clinton, and economic progressivism matters a lot to Bernie supporters.
McGovernForPrez

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 08:59:24 AM »

I see him as strong presidential material assuming he wins the Gubernatorial bid. He's exactly the type of person Democrats need on their bench. If he ran in the primary I think I'd vote for him over almost anybody. Mostly because he seems more electable than someone like Warren who I love to death.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies