Opinion of jmfcst (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 05:52:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of jmfcst (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Freedom Fighter

Horrible Person

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 32

Author Topic: Opinion of jmfcst  (Read 3334 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« on: September 14, 2009, 03:22:58 PM »

FF. He adds another perspective for us that we would otherwise not have, and he does so with knowledge and civility. jmfcst gets a bum rap here, and it's too bad.

No, he's just a hate monger and a bigot.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 03:35:43 PM »

FF. He adds another perspective for us that we would otherwise not have, and he does so with knowledge and civility. jmfcst gets a bum rap here, and it's too bad.

No, he's just a hate monger and a bigot.

I disagree, Opie.  I presume you are referring to Jmfcst's views on sexuality.  Well, I certainly do not share his views.  However, I do not believe he comes by those ideas from a place of hatred or bigotry.

Jmfcst genuinely believes people who are gay are destroying themselves spiritually, and eternally so.  And given Jesus' teaching to care about the welfare (temporal and eternal) of all people, Jmfcst believes he should tell his version of the truth regarding sexuality.  

He has never approached the issue from a "God hates fags" perspective and, in point of fact, has been quite dismissive of those knuckleheads.  This is one of the reasons I manage to respect him, despite our dramatically divergent views.  

There is no reason to believe as you do, since his tone is always hostile and insulting to homosexuals.  Every sign is that he hates them.

Also his economic views are based on bigotry and hatred.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 10:17:47 AM »

Example:  I claim that faith in Jesus Christ is the only path of salvation for the sinner and all sinners who do not believe in Jesus Christ are lost...

Sorry, but don't you believe they will be tortured for all eternity by 'god'?  I'm just saying 'lost' isn't exactly the right word for what you are specifically required to believe. 
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 11:06:55 AM »

Example:  I claim that faith in Jesus Christ is the only path of salvation for the sinner and all sinners who do not believe in Jesus Christ are lost...

Sorry, but don't you believe they will be tortured for all eternity by 'god'?  I'm just saying 'lost' isn't exactly the right word for what you are specifically required to believe. 

obviously, "lost" is a current state referring only to the living...if they die "lost", then they will be tortured for all eternity

Fantastic!  Thanks for the confirmation.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2009, 11:27:14 AM »

If I were to grade myself on this forum, I’d give myself negative marks in the area of decorum (I tend to purposely stir the pot), but high marks in the area of logical consistency. Which is obviously not a good mix when it comes to making forum friends.  Wink

Actually from my point of view this makes you a fairly ideal poster - always of some interest.  Obviously I voted 'horrible person' - you are a classic american monstrosity - but I have to admit I quite like you in context.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2009, 01:31:11 PM »

I'm not sure what this means, but it seems vaguely creepy...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies