Who won the debate?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 10:19:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Who won the debate?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9
Poll
Question: Huh
Clinton (I support Clinton)

Clinton (I support Trump)

Clinton (I support Other)

Trump (I support Clinton)

Trump (I support Trump)

Trump (I support Other)

Tie (I support Clinton)

Tie (I support Trump)

Tie (I support Other)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 280

Author Topic: Who won the debate?  (Read 12789 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: October 09, 2016, 10:06:37 PM »

MUH EXPECTATIONS GAME!!!!1!1!!!1111

What the f**k people. This is ridiculous. It's not a f**king game. Stop being children.

That's politics dude.  Save your hand-wringing for the soaps.

NOT IT'S NOT.

It's what a generation of utter cultural decadence has fooled people into thinking politics is.

Politics is partly an expectations game.  It's doesn't matter what you think it should be, it's what it is.

All the worst things in history have happened because people said "it's just the way it is" instead of wondering if it was the way it ought to be.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #101 on: October 09, 2016, 10:07:38 PM »

We must have a bunch of newbies. That explains why this thread is such cancer.

TRUMP failed and shot himself in foot. He did not win the debate and will go down in the polls.

Going down in the polls could be, and likely will be, completely disconnected from the debate.
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #102 on: October 09, 2016, 10:09:24 PM »

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #103 on: October 09, 2016, 10:10:24 PM »

I will admit that some things made trump look very unpresidential and actually made him disgusting scum.

1) His little game by bringing in "his guests" in the audience.
2) Basically saying that he would assign a special prosecutor to jail his political opponent.
3) Did he not call Hillary "Satan" ? I thought I heard that. If so that was uncalled for, and makes him look like a school yard bully, and no one deserving to be in the driver seat to lead this nation.

If the vast electorate can see this, if the media points to this, if Clinton can have people concentrate on these negatives, then I can say that this would push Hillary as the winner for this debate.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #104 on: October 09, 2016, 10:10:39 PM »

Clinton destroyed Trump, but lets set that aside for now.

Did anyone notice that not only was Trump pale, raspy, and sniffing but was also unable to string together coherent sentences? Clearly whatever ailment he's hiding from the public is progressing rapidly. A brain parasite maybe?

It's syphilis.

The truth cannot be hidden forever.
Lachi
lok1999
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -1.06, S: -3.02

« Reply #105 on: October 09, 2016, 10:11:41 PM »

Did anyone notice that not only was Trump pale, raspy, and sniffing but was also unable to string together coherent sentences? Clearly whatever ailment he's hiding from the public is progressing rapidly. A brain parasite maybe?

It's syphilis.

The truth cannot be hidden forever.
Wouldn't be surprised.
Fargobison

« Reply #106 on: October 09, 2016, 10:12:15 PM »

To win the debate Trump needed to convince undecideds to vote for him or at least consider him? Did he do that?

Honestly I'm not sure he even stopped the bleeding considering his unhinged moments early on. It was Nixonian in regards to going after HRC with his AG, not a place where you as a Republican want to go.
Ashley Biden's Diary
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #107 on: October 09, 2016, 10:13:29 PM »

To win the debate Trump needed to convince undecideds to vote for him or at least consider him? Did he do that?

Honestly I'm not sure he even stopped the bleeding considering his unhinged moments early on. It was Nixonian in regards to going after HRC with his AG, not a place where you as a Republican want to go.

Of course he did. Who the hell is undecided at this point besides someone that wants to vote Trump but is having trouble justifying it? They'll latch on to anything.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #108 on: October 09, 2016, 10:14:51 PM »

Of course he did. Who the hell is undecided at this point besides someone that wants to vote Trump but is having trouble justifying it? They'll latch on to anything.
So him talking rape and sh**t will convince them.  Saying all minorities live in inner cites will. 
Cruzcrew
Paleocon
United States

« Reply #109 on: October 09, 2016, 10:15:22 PM »

Does anybody realize that Trump won the debate simply by exceeding very low expectations?
Donnie

« Reply #110 on: October 09, 2016, 10:15:37 PM »

1st debate: Clinton

2nd debate: Trump
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #111 on: October 09, 2016, 10:15:56 PM »

Does anybody realize that Trump won the debate simply by exceeding very low expectations?

Yeah.  It's unfair, but that's just the reality of it.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #112 on: October 09, 2016, 10:16:22 PM »

Something else very important to point out, is that trump said and did nothing to convince people outside of his already supporting circle, to vote for him.
He did not convince women, minorities, the college educated, etc, that he would be the better candidate for President.
All he did was talk trash about Clinton, and did not reach out to other groups.
All this did was to reinforce and satisfy his current supporters, and that will NOT WIN THE ELECTION.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #113 on: October 09, 2016, 10:16:27 PM »

1st debate: Clinton

2nd debate: Trump
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #114 on: October 09, 2016, 10:16:33 PM »

Nah. That's just his well-documented dementia combined with the massive load of tranquilizers his campaign stuff down his throat.
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #115 on: October 09, 2016, 10:17:22 PM »

If I had to say the splits on these debates:

First debate: 90% Clinton/10% Trump

Second debate: 60% Trump/40% Clinton
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #116 on: October 09, 2016, 10:18:42 PM »

I don't for the life of me understand why acting like a basehead and saying he'd jail his opponent if elected constitutes 'exceeding expectations'. It wasn't like people were expecting Trump would drop the C-bomb on live television or something, were they?! This reminds me of the scene in Harry Potter where Fred and George Weasley say they should have gotten 'exceeds expectations' grades on all their tests just for showing up. The other characters laughed it off then, and if there were any justice in the world America would laugh it off now.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #117 on: October 09, 2016, 10:20:01 PM »

I don't for the life of me understand why acting like a basehead and saying he'd jail his opponent if elected constitutes 'exceeding expectations'. It wasn't like people were expecting Trump would drop the C-bomb on live television or something, were they?! This reminds me of the scene in Harry Potter where Fred and George Weasley say they should have gotten 'exceeds expectations' grades on all their tests just for showing up. The other characters laughed it off then, and if there were any justice in the world America would laugh it off now.

It's because that happened in the first 20 minutes, and most Americans, including the pundits, have the attention span of a goldfish.
pikachu
United States

« Reply #118 on: October 09, 2016, 10:22:46 PM »

Pretty much this. Not that I've come to expect much from the public, but anyone who took a minute to process this realizes how ridiculous that was. That's not even considering the response to the video question, and imo, the Islamophobia was also sounded really bad.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #119 on: October 09, 2016, 10:23:06 PM »

I'll defer to CNN's poll, but to me he seemed like a melting pile of sludge. Hillary wasn't sure how to deal with it.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #120 on: October 09, 2016, 10:23:34 PM »

Do we know when it's coming? Huh
Fargobison

« Reply #121 on: October 09, 2016, 10:24:06 PM »

He owns his cult no doubt loved this debate but the people still searching, will still be searching after tonight.
musicblind
United States

« Reply #122 on: October 09, 2016, 10:25:57 PM »
« Edited: October 09, 2016, 10:39:57 PM by musicblind »

I made a similar post in the debate thread, but I guess it is more relevant here.

Trump lost. Here is why:

He committed the following MAJOR no-nos.

1.) He had poor blocking.

2.) He made false statements multiple times.

3.) He argued with the moderators.

4.) He used the Tu Quequo argumentative fallacy.

5.) He interrupted Clinton far more than she did him (Tim Kaine's biggest downfall)

6.) He admitted to not paying any federal income taxes.

7.) He said he disagrees with his own running mate.

8.) He brought this into the gutter with the Bill Clinton claims. He was warned not to, but did .

9.) He brought up LITERAL conspiracy theories.

10.) He called his opponent THE DEVIL. WTF?

11.) He interrupted the moderators, constantly.

12.) He has used several moral equivalence fallacies. They teach you this in competitive debating.

13.) He sighed out loud multiple times.

14.) He used emotive language to deflect questions.

15.) He used the debate error called: Praeteritio

16.) He threatened to JAIL his political opponent.

All of the above are FACTS. How can anyone on here pretend that he is winning the debate?
Ashley Biden's Diary
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #123 on: October 09, 2016, 10:26:04 PM »

He owns his cult no doubt loved this debate but the people still searching, will still be searching after tonight.

If anyone is still searching after 16 months of Trump they simply aren't going to make the right decision.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #124 on: October 09, 2016, 10:26:36 PM »

After last time, yes. People expected a meltdown straight out of the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark.

That he merely gave one of the worst presidential debate performances of all time IS a big step up from that.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies