Huff Post Front Page: Palins furious Joe Miller balks on endorsing her for prez.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 03:08:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Huff Post Front Page: Palins furious Joe Miller balks on endorsing her for prez.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Huff Post Front Page: Palins furious Joe Miller balks on endorsing her for prez.  (Read 5094 times)
Bull Moose Base

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2010, 01:53:28 PM »
« edited: October 28, 2010, 01:54:52 PM by Joementum »

If Miller wasn't prepared to endorse Palin, he should've made that clear to Palin when he accepted Palin's support.

Why?  Palin isn't a declared candidate for anything at the moment.  Lots of Senate candidates are receiving endorsements from many different presidential candidates.  For example, I believe Huckabee was the first potential 2012 presidential candidate to endorse Rubio for Senate.  Should Rubio have automatically endorsed Huck for president when he received the endorsement?

Rubio actually endorsed Huckabee first, in 2008.  (Bet he would again actually.)  I think but am not sure Huckabee may have even endorsed Miller before Palin.  I remember reading his endorsement was more prominently displayed than Palin's on Miller's website, even in the primary.  In any case, I'm sure Miller losing is a worse blow for Palin's image than carrying a grudge against him so I think that explains her "moving past it".

Update:  Miller's numbers look to be tanking hard!  If Murkowski wins (she's probably the favorite right now) and O'Donnell loses, I think the combo is potentially fatal for a Palin presidential run.  If McAdams somehow pulls off a shocker, at least Palin can deflect blame to Murkowski.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2010, 02:53:10 PM »

One person who will not be supporting Palin for president is....no surprise....Lisa Murkowski:

link

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Poundingtherock
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2010, 04:42:43 PM »

LOL

Miller's numbers are "tanking" according to a pollster who found McCain and Obama separated by three points on election eve in Alaska.  mccain and palin won the state by 22.
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2010, 05:28:25 PM »

I heard that Palin's approval rating (I have no secure source on this so don't take my word on it) in Alaska is actually terribly low, so it might be an actual election tactic by Miller to not openly express his support for Palin.   
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2010, 05:39:01 PM »

I heard that Palin's approval rating (I have no secure source on this so don't take my word on it) in Alaska is actually terribly low, so it might be an actual election tactic by Miller to not openly express his support for Palin.   

Palin doesn't have an "approval rating", as she doesn't have a job.  She does have a "favorability rating" though.  (Sorry, I just went through this discussion on the Senate polling board, so I'll continue to beat this dead horse.  Smiley   )
Poundingtherock
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2010, 07:27:44 PM »

Ironically, the same pollster  showing Miller down has her  favorable rating at 53%.
Poundingtherock
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2010, 11:17:34 PM »

Anyone here actually going to make a prediction that Murkowski wins?  I'm seeing a three-point win right now for Miller, with a chance of it increasing if McAdams gets some momentum.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2010, 11:53:01 PM »

Anyone here actually going to make a prediction that Murkowski wins?  I'm seeing a three-point win right now for Miller, with a chance of it increasing if McAdams gets some momentum.

I'm going to go out on a limb.  McAdams wins.  I'm a cynic and think enough people are too lazy to do a write in.  And I think many Murkowski voters are more anti-Miller than pro-Murkowski.  By the way, if I were a Palinista, that's easily the scenario I'd root for.  Miller has implied he doesn't think Palin is qualified to be president and his continuing to hint as much (or ultimately endorse someone else) would be embarrassing for her.  Murkowski winning makes Palin look impotent.  McAdams winning allows her to blame Murkowski in particular and establishment Republicans in general for undermining "true conservatives".
Poundingtherock
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2010, 01:20:48 AM »

Joe,

I'll be sure to take whatever you say less seriously from now on.  McAdams has absolutely no shot and every public poll has shown that.

Even his own pollster showed him down 5 today and his pollster was only around 20 points too favorable to Democrats in 2008.

Enjoy the kool-aid.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2010, 01:53:30 AM »

Joe,

I'll be sure to take whatever you say less seriously from now on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_xFt4W8oj0&feature=related
Poundingtherock
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2010, 02:02:08 AM »

Joe,

Heh.  There's a lot of money for you on Intrade for mcAdams if you want to go on a limb.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies