Revenue Bill of 2005 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 07:10:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Revenue Bill of 2005 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Revenue Bill of 2005  (Read 6198 times)
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« on: September 07, 2005, 03:48:29 AM »

People pay the tax for Social Security purposes in the assumption that they'll be getting money back later.  This bill would essentially change that specialized tax into simply more taxes on what they earn by moving the Social Security money into other government functions (I assume that this is what would happen).  If we want to raise taxes on the weathier people in Atlasia, the least we could do is be upfront about our intentions instead of sort of getting it through the backdoor through this maneuver.

I could support this if it also said that those with incomes above $75,000 or a household income above $140,000 no longer pay into the Social Security fund and that those who already have paid into it can get back what they have paid, but not as it is right now - and that most likely would not have the effect of raising revenue, as I assume this bill is meant to do.

Fleming v. Lucas
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2005, 03:23:46 AM »

I don't know what this is a reference to, so I can't respond to it.

It was a supreme court case that tuled that your payroll taxes didn't give you any right to recieve benefits.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2005, 11:22:04 AM »

Aye

I wanted to try to save more money, but this is as good as it gets I guess.

The senate is never going to do anything bold. Accept it like I did.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies