Nomination Thread: Meeker for HAEV
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 02:33:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Nomination Thread: Meeker for HAEV
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Nomination Thread: Meeker for HAEV  (Read 8032 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: December 21, 2009, 09:43:19 PM »

Basically, I think HAEV is a good idea, I'm just deeply concerned that it will turn into a partisan issue. I am already seeing it, and it will get worse, I guarentee. I am starting to regret voting for HAEV. It looked all nice and dandy, but it's going to create a lot of needless conflict.

Let's calm down and give it and its new members the benefit of the doubt. The appeal process can effectively prevent unfair hackish actions by the body.
I am extremely willing to give this a chance. I'm just concered, particulary with one member, and his partisan view on zombies.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #76 on: December 21, 2009, 09:46:15 PM »

Basically, I think HAEV is a good idea, I'm just deeply concerned that it will turn into a partisan issue. I am already seeing it, and it will get worse, I guarentee. I am starting to regret voting for HAEV. It looked all nice and dandy, but it's going to create a lot of needless conflict.

Let's calm down and give it and its new members the benefit of the doubt. The appeal process can effectively prevent unfair hackish actions by the body.

Marokai and opebo? lol
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #77 on: December 21, 2009, 09:50:37 PM »

Marokai and opebo? lol

I'm not sure you understand how the Supreme Court works...
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #78 on: December 21, 2009, 09:51:26 PM »

Marokai and opebo? lol

Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #79 on: December 21, 2009, 09:56:41 PM »

Hamilton, once the HAEV is up and running, are you going to constantly stick your nose into their thread, and disrupt their proceedings?  Or will you let them try to do their job?
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #80 on: December 21, 2009, 09:57:07 PM »
« Edited: December 21, 2009, 10:04:35 PM by GM Purple State »

Marokai and opebo? lol

Yes, I can't believe anyone would ignore your comments. I have no need to continue to argue the merits of this body with you. It passed and that is that. I am pleased with the results and that is what matters. I'm done responding to you and your horde.

EDIT: Honestly, I find the obstructionism of Hammy, Libertas and Einzige amusing. Is there a reason anyone would support that sort of platform? I would like to remind everyone of Hamilton's intense lobbying against the regulations on changing states, which has, for all intents and purposes, done away with strategic registration for voting since its implementation.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #81 on: December 21, 2009, 09:59:46 PM »

Dude, you're "deeply concerned" it's going to be a partisan issue?

Look in the fucking mirror. You're part of the reason with your silly scaremongering and buying into the rhetoric from people who actively stake their movement on trolls and zombies. Jesus Christ.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #82 on: December 21, 2009, 10:01:47 PM »

Marokai and opebo? lol

Oh my God is it impossible for you to leave people to conduct their motherfrakking business on their own? You have intervened in every instance, stirred up fearmongering and unrealistic bullshit and then you have the balls to complain about others being partisan?

Leave the Senate alone unless you have something mature to contribute for christ's sake.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #83 on: December 21, 2009, 10:07:52 PM »
« Edited: December 22, 2009, 09:08:14 AM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Marokai and opebo? lol

Yes, I can't believe anyone would ignore your comments. I have no need to continue to argue the merits of this body with you. It passed and that is that. I am pleased with the results and that is what matters. I'm done responding to you and your horde.

EDIT: Honestly, I find the obstructionism of Hammy, Libertas and Einzige amusing. Is there a reason anyone would support that sort of platform? I would like to remind everyone of Hamilton's intense lobbying against the regulations on changing states, which has, for all intents and purposes, done away with strategic registration for voting since its implementation.

Not at all surprising since for four months this guy was giving the RPP "advice", all of it bad.

Edit: What is surprising is that once again I was proven right about Game Reform, that the attempt to abolish Regional Senate seats was just a political charged power grap while the real solution to Strategic Registration rested elsewhere. It was fairly easy to see it too, because the solution was the one Hamilton opposed the most, while at the same time, Hamilton was even supportive abolishing Regional Senate seats indicating it was not a good solution. I love it when I am right. Tongue
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #84 on: December 22, 2009, 03:51:43 AM »

ayes: 4
nays: 1
yet to vote: 2

waiting on MaxQue and aflietch to determine if Meeker will be confirmed.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #85 on: December 23, 2009, 05:12:06 AM »

*bump*

We need a third member one way or the other, so can you take this nomination out of purgatory Senators?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #86 on: December 23, 2009, 03:34:03 PM »

Aye

I was sure I already voted.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #87 on: December 23, 2009, 04:13:01 PM »

five ayes, one nay, and one abstention. Meeker is hereby confirmed.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies