Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 02:41:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Will Bushie break 300 pounds before the end of February?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation  (Read 210064 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« on: January 15, 2015, 06:30:38 PM »

You all might, I repeat might, be proud of me:  My church friend (the one I went bowling with Thanksgiving weekend), knows I am looking for a job, so he sent me a Facebook post for an AT&T call center job fair this Saturday in NW Oklahoma City.  I laughed and moved on back to my CAD searching.  I gave it no consideration whatsoever.  I don't even remember the address except the street it was on.  I thank him for thinking of me, but I am done with call centers.

Brilliant setup. I think I know where this is going.

SMASH CUT TO:

INT. OFFICE CUBICLES -- NEXT MONDAY

CLOSE UP on BUSHIE'S freshly-shaven face, staring blankly into the distance.

AT&T SUPERVIOR (V.O.)
Welcome to AT&T call-center training...

Excellent foreshadowing!
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 12:26:44 AM »

Always prefers the more expensive option.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 12:59:55 AM »

You could always just make up some creative euphemisms to explain these gaps, so that you're not strictly lying.  One of my fellow managers interviewed a guy not too long ago that had a two year gap on his resume.  He said he was part of a 'security team in a gated community', and didn't feel it relevant to mention.  Turned out he'd been in prison.

Clever.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 09:27:14 PM »

A lot of businesses in the South like to play up the hillbilly thing. They think it's cute. This is especially true of restaurants. When I was a kid, there was a regional chain of restaurants called Po' Folks. Your drinks were served in mason jars. The tablecloths had a bright plaid pattern. You get the idea. It's just a gimmick.

This, incidentally, also describes 50% of the restaurants in Williamsburg. Looks like everything has come full circle.

When was the first time I was served water in a mason jar? It was at some trendy place in Midtown. I thought it was charmingly rustic at first. Now it is grating. Those exposed bulbs and fake brick (or real but equally artifical) wall at Dig Inn (have you been there?) also gets on my nerves. There's nothing endearing about false authenticity.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2015, 07:42:12 PM »
« Edited: January 25, 2015, 08:20:54 PM by Governor Varavour »

that was the funny part...someone made a joke about bushie playing the radio.  turns out he did play the radio at work!

can you confirm once again bushe that you listened to the radio at work?

Yes, I can confirm again.  I'm not shying away from it.  Many American workers listen to the radio at work softly and no one bats an eye.   When Bushie listens to his iTunes at work with headphones, he gets laughed at by a room full of internet strangers.  Double standard?

Third person? Delusions of grandeur?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies