Incumbent DeWine (R) with Fairly Big Lead Over Brown (D) in Ohio (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 02:33:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2006 Elections
  2006 Senatorial Election Polls
  Incumbent DeWine (R) with Fairly Big Lead Over Brown (D) in Ohio (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Incumbent DeWine (R) with Fairly Big Lead Over Brown (D) in Ohio  (Read 20387 times)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« on: April 30, 2006, 09:33:21 PM »

This is the reason why I held the race at lean Rep. after Rasmussen's polling.  That is still the correct call.

I do expect Brown to get this race closer and make it competitive in the end; the real question is how much and a lot of that could depend on forces outside either his or DeWine's control.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2006, 09:43:29 PM »

I should add:  The same thing needs to happen to Brown after the primary that I said should happen to Blackwell in the other thread.

However, because there is not a formidable primary opponent challenging Brown, I don't consider this as do-or-die as I do for Blackwell.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2006, 11:02:09 PM »

Anyone who thinks this is "over" because of a high single-digit lead 6 months before the election is stupid.  I still think DeWine will win by about 5 points or so.

11 points is a single-digit lead??

Still, I generally agree with your prediction.  Henceforth, the Lean Rep designation.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2006, 11:04:24 PM »

Any incumbent who polls below 50 percent cannot be considered safe, but I do think that Dewine has a clear edge in this one.

That is generally true, but it depends on how hard undecideds are pushed in part,  I'd think.

Very true. 

Typically, Mason-Dixon does not push its undecideds as hard as Rasmussen or SurveyUSA (which pushes the hardest of all), but less than some of the university polls.  They are comparable in undecided pushing to Research2000 and Strategic Vision (I/R), to name a couple.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies