Department of State (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 03:05:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Department of State (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Department of State  (Read 12526 times)
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« on: November 25, 2005, 11:35:16 AM »

Whilst I don't support a withdrawal from the UN, I also don't support True's proposals. If you want to change the security council, add India and either get rid of France or create a "European Union" Seat that would include France and the UK, and Germany, and Italy, etc etc.; or just add a sixth member.

Removing a nation from their permanent security council seat is not a practicable option. They all have vetoes and no nation would accept a dimunition of its power in this way.

Thank you.  Someone finally sees the essential problem.  Also, why should Latin America, the Middle East, and Latin America not get a permament seat?

Because that would give Latin America two seats?
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2005, 01:28:01 PM »

Whilst I don't support a withdrawal from the UN, I also don't support True's proposals. If you want to change the security council, add India and either get rid of France or create a "European Union" Seat that would include France and the UK, and Germany, and Italy, etc etc.; or just add a sixth member.

Removing a nation from their permanent security council seat is not a practicable option. They all have vetoes and no nation would accept a dimunition of its power in this way.

Thank you.  Someone finally sees the essential problem.  Also, why should Latin America, the Middle East, and Latin America not get a permament seat?

Because that would give Latin America two seats?

What?  My plan gives Latin Ameica one permanent seat: Brazil.

Read your question again.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies