NH-Sen: Hassan running
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 09:57:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NH-Sen: Hassan running
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: NH-Sen: Hassan running  (Read 16661 times)
Figueira
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: September 30, 2016, 11:15:33 PM »

In case anyone wants to watch it, here's the first debate between Climbing Maggie and Ayotte - it took place today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg0NUjCgzX4

Could you give us a summary? How was it? Was there a perceived winner?

You're asking TN Volunteer to make an unbiased analysis about New Hampshire?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #101 on: September 30, 2016, 11:59:52 PM »

In case anyone wants to watch it, here's the first debate between Climbing Maggie and Ayotte - it took place today.

He's been right so far...
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #102 on: October 01, 2016, 01:04:52 PM »

Ayotte is pretty good looking for her age!
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #103 on: October 01, 2016, 01:08:42 PM »

I don't really think I am biased, just realistic. I wish Climbing Maggie would lose, but I'm not going to fool myself into thinking this race is a Tossup or winnable for Republicans.

Anyway, I think they both did pretty well (even though Ayotte was a little better IMO). Hassan didn't repeat her scripted talking points as much as she did in the past, but these debates don't really matter in NH since Hassan is so much more popular than Ayotte and both Hassan and Shaheen "lost" their debates in 2014 and still won very easily despite the Republican wave.

I expect no change in the polls. There really was no perceived winner either.

Funny, I didn't know that winning by 3 points was winning "very easily". Sounds like a pretty close race to me. This also igores that Hassan was leading by 20  points in September and Shaheen was winning by about 10. They trended downward significantly in October, but unlike Hagan and A. Brown, managed to run out the clock.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #104 on: October 01, 2016, 01:12:37 PM »

I don't really think I am biased, just realistic. I wish Climbing Maggie would lose, but I'm not going to fool myself into thinking this race is a Tossup or winnable for Republicans.

Anyway, I think they both did pretty well (even though Ayotte was a little better IMO). Hassan didn't repeat her scripted talking points as much as she did in the past, but these debates don't really matter in NH since Hassan is so much more popular than Ayotte and both Hassan and Shaheen "lost" their debates in 2014 and still won very easily despite the Republican wave.

I expect no change in the polls. There really was no perceived winner either.

Funny, I didn't know that winning by 3 points was winning "very easily". Sounds like a pretty close race to me. This also igores that Hassan was leading by 20  points in September and Shaheen was winning by about 10. They trended downward significantly in October, but unlike Hagan and A. Brown, managed to run out the clock.
Wulfric, if Hassan and Van Ostern both win, would you view Shaheen as vulnerable against the right candidate in 2020?
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #105 on: October 01, 2016, 01:46:37 PM »

Hassan is as moderate as they come, opposes closing Guantanamo n stuff - Didn't see any major progressive policy positions from her. She is also incredibly boring n robotic! Look at how bland her poster is!

Ayotte is a fighter, same GOP politics but a better candidate personality wise. With a better candidate, Dems should be winning this easily with a 7-10% margin!
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #106 on: October 01, 2016, 03:43:46 PM »

ROFLMFAO

Brown hit his ceiling in the early October polls. Shaheen was never going to lose this race and 3 points isn't really close in a state like New Hampshire.

Wulfric, if Hassan and Van Ostern both win, would you view Shaheen as vulnerable against the right candidate in 2020?

Not Wulfric, but I don't see any reason why Shaheen should be considered vulnerable in 2020. In fact, you could argue that she is the safest Senator up for reelection that year - but that's just my opinion, of course.

Ed Markey? Dick Durbin? Jeff Sessions? Jim Inhofe? Mike Enzi? Jack Reed?
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #107 on: October 01, 2016, 03:48:10 PM »

Not Wulfric, but I don't see any reason why Shaheen should be considered vulnerable in 2020. In fact, you could argue that she is the safest Senator up for reelection that year - but that's just my opinion, of course.
Of course she's safe, but I wouldn't go as far as calling her the safest, Markey, Reed, Inhofe, Cornyn, and Sessions (if they run) are also up there.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #108 on: October 03, 2016, 05:27:58 PM »

https://twitter.com/JoshWMUR/status/782963551795236864

Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #109 on: October 03, 2016, 05:46:55 PM »

Triage her.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #110 on: October 03, 2016, 07:17:10 PM »

Nothing wrong with that, but this won't go over well with all the sexist White NH women who support Maggie Hassan. She's desperate because she's finally realized that she can't win in deep blue NH.

You nailed it, TN Volunteer! I hope Ayotte implodes so that Republicans come to their senses and abandon her. Sadly, they'll likely pretend that the 2020 race against Shaheen is competitive and blow big amounts of money, ugh.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #111 on: October 03, 2016, 08:30:35 PM »

This one's done.

Kelly Ayotte: Trump is "absolutely" a role model for children.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #112 on: October 03, 2016, 09:00:00 PM »

Bye, Felicia
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #113 on: October 05, 2016, 12:20:58 PM »

He's been right so far...

I mean, he'll probably end up being right that Hassan and Clinton win the state, but that doesn't mean that New Hampshire is an ultra-safe Democratic state like he claims it is. And Sununu is at least somewhat favored.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies