Is Breitbart the media "platform for the alt-right" ? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 03:32:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Is Breitbart the media "platform for the alt-right" ? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is Breotbart News (website) a major media "platform for the alt-right" movement ?
Yes
No
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Is Breitbart the media "platform for the alt-right" ?  (Read 1837 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« on: August 27, 2016, 11:15:02 AM »

Literally, all the #NeverTrump Republicans loved Breitbart until this year. I can remember many of the #NeverTrump folks I know from my personal experiences in politics memorializing him profusely when Breitbart himself died.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2016, 02:35:22 PM »

Literally, all the #NeverTrump Republicans loved Breitbart until this year. I can remember many of the #NeverTrump folks I know from my personal experiences in politics memorializing him profusely when Breitbart himself died.
That's because there is a huge difference between Breitbart the man and Breitbart the newspaper. Andrew Breitbart would be rolling in his grave right now.
The same Andrew Breitbart who called Occupy protesters "rapist scumbag freaks?" Andrew Breitbart had and would today have no right to oppose Trump considering his own beliefs and his own personal rhetorical style. Breitbart and company are the exact archetype of the Republicans who fostered the conditions that Trump ultimately exploited. It has nothing to do with Trump's personal or political disagreements. These Breitbart/Ted Cruz/Marco Rubio "True Conservatives" are in fact nothing more than a giant Potemkin village for the party establishment that quite literally almost destroyed this country during Dubya's presidency.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 12:41:47 AM »

Didn't Breitbart have something to do with the Anthony Weiner scandal, or am I misremembering?  I thank him for bringing us that entertainment.  He was never my favorite, and I do consider him a precursor to the alt-right, but I imagine he's rolling in his grave over what they've done to his name.
Ironic timing!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies