Why is SSM such a big deal? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 05:50:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Why is SSM such a big deal? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why is SSM such a big deal?  (Read 17292 times)
Nutmeg
thepolitic
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« on: May 21, 2015, 05:09:55 PM »

What Jesus says goes.  He will stamp out ALL same sex relationships and marriages.  He will get rid of all sin.

Furthermore, the Bible clearly says no one is born gay.  Being gay is absolutely positively a choice.  The Bible is the rule book on all human life, so no one can legitimately deny its teachings.

Wow, you really have a very simplistic, immature mindset.

1) The Bible is not the basis for our government. That is a fact. Which no one can deny. As you might say. That said,

2) My same-sex relationship is filled with Christ's love.

3) Jesus said nothing about homosexuality.

4) The Bible doesn't say anything about whether people are born gay. Stop making things up.

5) You are committing the sin of telling falsehoods, Bushie. And you also are committing blasphemy by using Jesus like a weapon against other people. Truly shameful behavior.

Then be a compassionate human being and start acting like it. Because I sense nothing but hate from you.
Nutmeg
thepolitic
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 05:48:53 PM »

I see. But where did Christ teach that homosexual activity was acceptable and encouraged?  I don't think they're incompatible either, but engaging in homosexual acts are a different story.
Not sure what your point is. He didn't address the subject. Thus all we can do is to follow his teachings on all other subjects, such as being kind to one another and our fellow human beings. Pretty much trying to follow Matthew 7:12 (or Luke 6:31, if you prefer) in everything we do. Literally following the instructions Jesus did give us.
What about Lev 19:22? 1 Corinth 6:9? The Bible is the inspired word of God, if it's said by an Apostle, we're supposed to just disregard it if we feel like it?

If God "made" you and I gay, don't you think this would be part of the Word?

Neither of those is a teaching of Christ. Surely Christ's word does indeed trump that of one of his apostles. We are Christians, not Paulines, after all.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies