2008 Presidential Election: Game Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 12:58:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2008 Presidential Election: Game Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: 2008 Presidential Election: Game Thread  (Read 79025 times)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« on: August 29, 2014, 09:00:10 PM »

OOC: Maybe conservatives are bolting the Republicans in large number and the Republican Party is basically tiny. But either way, the numbers don't really add up.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 09:08:35 PM »

Tuesday is fine.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 09:29:01 PM »

Little Known Vermont Governor Howard Dean
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 10:05:07 PM »

Can we do campaign announcements in the official 2008 thread?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2014, 12:08:56 AM »

January 2007 - Dean for President!

"The Democratic Party has not been nearly critical enough of this administration. For too long, we've looked at a few of the piecemeal policy solutions and agreed with those and let them go there merry way on so many others. It's time we put a stop to it. Deficits are too high, ranking in healthcare and education is too low, our nations infrastructure is crumbling, and we went to war on false pretense. It's time we took a good hard look and said, is this really the path where we want to go?

America doesn't really know me. I've had to face large obstacles before *laughter*. In Vermont, I was a doctor, not really involved in politics until I was plucked out and elected to the state House of Representatives, a part time job where I could continue my medical practice. When the Governor of the state died, I had no choice but to serve my country. I took a record five terms as Vermonts Governor before retiring. Unlike some of the other people running, I've dedicated my life to healthcare, with Dr. Dynosaur, I brought near universal coverage to all Vermonters, and all that without busting the budget. I endorsed Dennis Kucinich in 2004 because I thought he was the right man for the job, but things have really got worse since then. In 2008, we need someone with true leadership experience who has a backbone for the people's policy, and I am that man.

I'm not an established figure. I am not beholden to special interests. I will not back down for the people. Because change doesn't come from Government, it comes from the people. When the people demand it, we must respond. Americans don't want four more years of the same plutocracy, they want change. That's what I plan to deliver."
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2014, 02:14:07 PM »

Jerry we already have two third party candidates. If you want to, cool, it'll probably be fun, but personally I hope we have a crowded Dem primary.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2014, 02:25:22 PM »

Jerry we already have two third party candidates. If you want to, cool, it'll probably be fun, but personally I hope we have a crowded Dem primary.
I would run as a Democrat, but there's no one to run as that I like.  Anyways, it throws New York and the Entire Northeast into turmoil.  Just like how Jesse is doing with the West and Nadar in Safe democratic states.

Fair enough, Bloomberg would be pretty competitive, and there seems to be more of a third party presence here anyway.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2014, 04:25:45 PM »
« Edited: August 31, 2014, 05:04:43 PM by IDS Emperor Maxwell »

Dean for America 2008 - Staffing

Campaign Manager: Roy Neel
Campaign Co-Chair: Steve Grossman
Finance Director: Stephanie Schriock
Communications Director: Tricia Enright
Media Consultant: Steve McMahon
Policy Advisor: Jerry Brown
Chief of Staff: Maria Echaveste
Press Secretary: Kathy Lash

Iowa Field Director: Jeani Murray
New Hampshire Field Director: Karen Hicks
HQ: Manchester, NH
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2014, 12:55:24 AM »

Howard Dean for America - September 1st - 7th, 2007

The Iowa Tour!

"With drug prices on the rise, healthcare standards going down, and premiums going up, President Giuliani's avoidance of the issue has been a dereliction of duty. I'm not going to triangulate my policy to fit the needs of donors and special interests, I'll tell you what I'm for: Medicare for all. Medicare, by a large margin, spends dollars most effectively of all the methods of healthcare, and so not only do we make it so that people are taken care of under a universal system, but we cut costs and save money, lowering our deficits, and still provide better care. This is common sense policy that Democrats should be embracing!"

September 1st, 2007
Town Hall in Fort Madison, Iowa
Town Hall in Burlington, Iowa
Meet and Greet in Ottumwa, Iowa
Meet and Greet in Oskaloosa, Iowa
Radio Interview

Radio Interview

"You know, I'm trailing right now because the voters haven't met me yet. All these other candidates, they've met them before. Edwards, Clinton, and Lincoln, they've gone around the country before and made their case. They have the support of special interests and I can't support that. I am running a truly grassroots campaign, meeting voters where they are, and talking about the issues. I am gonna talk about healthcare, the right of unions to organize, the war in Iraq, poverty, lowering the deficit, infrastructure, and growing our economy until I'm blue in the face."

"To me, the odds aren't long to beat President Giuliani. Look at recent polls, he's already at the margin of error with Michael Bloomberg! I meet people all over Iowa who are saying that this President is not getting the job done, and it's time for someone new. Those voters are still not sure who they want though, but most of those voters are willing to hear you out, and when voters hear out what the other candidates have to say, they will switch and back someone who is not the President. George H.W. Bush was ahead by a lot early on, but then his margin started to tank when the economy went bad and he lost to Bill Clinton. I don't think we'll need the economy to tank, but my point is, Giuliani is certainly beatable even with high approval numbers"

September 2nd, 2007
Barnstorming in Iowa City, Iowa
Barnstorming in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Town Hall in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Town Hall in Newton, Iowa
Meet and Greet in Marshalltown, Iowa

September 3rd, 2007
Barnstorming in Ames, Iowa
Town Hall in Webster City, Iowa
Meet and Greet in Fort Dodge, Iowa
Meet and Greet in Algona, Iowa
Meet and Greet in Estherville, Iowa

"The tried and true effort of putting vouchers in our school is not working, no matter how much the President may try. What really works? Giving the teachers the resources they need! Putting more money into our schools! Focusing on subjects that will make us more competitive in the future! That's how we reform education, and until we get that through, we will continue to fail. Making education 'more competitive' isn't making it 'more competitive'. Setting arbitrary standards on our students from standardized testing isn't working either. It's time to move on from giving up and start really trying to fix this education mess so that No Child is Left Behind!"

September 4th, 2007
Town Hall in Cherokee, Iowa
Town Hall in Sheldon, Iowa
Barnstorming in Sioux City, Iowa
Town Hall in Denison, Iowa

September 5th, 2007
Staff Meeting in Iowa HQ in Des Moines, Iowa
Rest

September 6th, 2007
Barnstorming in Des Moines, Iowa
Town Hall in Des Moines, Iowa
Meet and Greet in Indianola, Iowa
Meet and Greet in Osecola, Iowa

"I know this may get him in trouble with his primary voters, and I with mine, but I have to admire what the President has done on green energy. That is an investment for the future we need. I agree with the pointage too: green energy is what's needed to be energy independent. Drilling more and more here is just gonna put a bunch of holes in the ground, and we are continuing to add to global warming. We need to think about the future in that way. It's a shame, we can't get him to invest anywhere else in a serious way."

September 7th, 2007
Town Hall in Osecola, Iowa
Meet and Greet in Red Oak, Iowa
Meet and Greet in Council Bluffs, Iowa
Press Conference in Council Bluffs, Iowa
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2014, 11:47:22 AM »

Mary Landrieu Endorsements:
Iowa Senator Tom Harkin
Former New Hampshire Governor Jeanne Shaheen
New Hampshire Governor John Lynch

AFL-CIO
National Education Association

Already got Tom Harkin.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2014, 11:55:08 AM »

Mary Landrieu Endorsements:
Iowa Senator Tom Harkin
Former New Hampshire Governor Jeanne Shaheen
New Hampshire Governor John Lynch

AFL-CIO
National Education Association

Already got Tom Harkin.

Iowa Governor Tom Vilsack?

Lumine is running as Vilsack.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2014, 02:49:42 PM »

Surrogate Schedules

Senator Tom Harkin

"Voters in Iowa are struggling to make it, and they are not helped by the policies of this administration and their insistent on a constant state of war. We need Howard Dean, because Howard Dean will fix the problems of this country, and make sure that the little guy is looked out for. Some Democrats want to move toward the center in a bid for the Presidency, but I think the Democratic Party needs to hold to its principles of good governance."

September 1st - 3rd, 2007: Barnstorming in Iowa with Fmr. Gov. Howard Dean
September 4th - 5th, 2007: Senate Duties
September 6th - 7th, 2007: Barnstorming in Iowa with Fmr. Gov. Howard Dean

Fmr. Senator Bill Bradley

"Howard Dean speaks truth to power. The God's honest truth is that if we don't change the system, nothing else will change. Howard Dean is someone who knows how to change the system, and he's done great things in Vermont. I believe he will make a great President, and that's why I am planning on endorsing him."

September 1st - 4th, 2007: Barnstorming in New Hampshire with Carol Shea-Porter
September 5th, 2007: Rest
September 6th - 7th, 2007: Barnstorming in New Hampshire

Congresswoman Carol Shea-Porter

"You know what I like about Howard Dean? His donations are from individuals. He's running the honest populist campaign, running a campaign by the people, for the people. I think that is a crucial issue because, let's face it, special interests control this control, and President free from corporate greed would be a President with an ability to get things done for everyone. That's why I support Howard Dean, and why you should too."

September 1st - 5th: Barnstorming in New Hampshire with Bill Bradley
September 6th- 7th: Congressional Duties

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2014, 08:18:01 PM »
« Edited: September 01, 2014, 08:19:52 PM by IDS Emperor Maxwell »

Howard Dean for America: Ads for this Turn

Due to a low budget, these ads will only air in New Hampshire and Iowa, but they will air for the next two weeks.

Howard Dean Ad - "Straight Talk

"I'm Howard Dean, and it's time for the truth. Because the truth is, President Giuliani's wartime policies sacrifice American freedom, Republican tax cuts are killing our economy and costing us jobs, and too many Democrats in Washington are afraid to stand up for what we believe in. I'll put Americans back to work, give every American good healthcare, and give Americans a real choice in November. I'm Howard Dean, I'm running for President, and I approve this message, because it's time to take our country back!"

Howard Dean Ad - "Commitment"

"In Vermont, Howard Dean was called to action by his country to serve as Governor. And he did so in an American fashion. He balanced the budget, gave more Vermonters a chance at healthcare, signed the nation's first civil unions bill into law even when it was unpopular. In the primary, vote Howard Dean for President, he's committed to this country, because he's committed, to serving you.

I'm Howard Dean and I approve this message."
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2014, 09:26:43 AM »

Is this everyone?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2014, 09:34:01 AM »

Has everyone who is playing the game done a schedule?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2014, 03:05:55 PM »

The Howard Dean Organization

The Beginning of a New Era of Campaigning

At a recognizable disadvantage in campaign infrastructure and establishment support, the Dean Campaign has instead decided to run a campaign based on organizing the grassroots. With favorable numbers from Straw Polls from the DailyKos and other left-wing websites, the Dean campaign is organized at getting out the youth vote and getting grassroots activists fired up. This includes a wide variety of net-only content including short ads, question and answer sessions, and sections for donations, volunteering, contribute, and a large section on Howard Dean on the issues.

With a diehard focus on winning Iowa and New Hampshire, the Dean campaign has opened 3 offices in each state. Along with that, the Dean Campaign has opened an office in each of Michigan and Nevada. The Dean strategy seems to be playing hard in smaller states that open up the primary, and building momentum from there to be able to compete on a stronger level. Campaign Advisor and Former California Governor Jerry Brown noted that this strategy of targeting grassroots activists is how his campaign did so well in 1992. A combination of that and the building of infrastructure in early states is a combination that could be very potent in the primary field.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2014, 09:27:24 PM »

Howard Dean Debate Answers!

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Absolutely Tim. With actual leadership experience, knowing how to bridge the gap between parties and pushing through an agenda, if you've never done it before than the Presidency is going to be a big shock. I'm not saying that none of the Senators standing with me are worthy of the office, but the fact is that leading a state for over ten years gives you some perspective on leadership. It absolutely makes a difference in terms of policy, being able to actually accomplish policy goals, but I think the experience shows I am the only one on this stage that has been able to get serious accomplishments through that impact American families. As you know, my Dr. Dynosaur plan drastically lowered the uninsured rate in my state to well below the national average. I can bring that sort of leadership to the White House, instead of the middling leadership we've seen that is beholden to special interests.

Healthcare. The fact is, we face high costs and a lowering standard of living for the bottom 90% while the top 10% are living high off the hog. It's time we had a healthcare system that benefits everyone. That's why my plan, Medicare for all, is going to do all the things we've talked about doing for years. By lowering the medicare age limit to 0, we save so much money, since Medicare spends healthcare dollars more efficiently than any other sector of healthcare, and it brings more care to more individuals. Combine that with prize funding for healthcare research instead of giving it to whoever donates to the politicians and cutting waste and fraud, and we get a healthcare system that not only competes with the world, but helps our people at the same time. I challenge the people on this stage to come up with a plan that does more for the American people, especially those who aren't as wealthy as you or I.

What's there to solve? I want more people in our country! We are a nation of immigrants and we should welcome these people. After all, our successful philsophy for so many years has been "Give us your poor, your tired, your huddled masses". But, I do see concern with a violation of the law. That's why I think we should lower the standards to get into this country, increase the number of people allowed to come in, and fight illegal immigration the way other countries do: by targeting businesses that hire illegal immigrants. I don't know why Republicans don't do that, or, heck, maybe I do *chuckles from audience* But other countries don't have an illegal immigrant problem for a reason. Building a damn fence doesn't go after the incentive for illegal immigration, nor does hating immigrants. Only targeting the incentive for people to come here illegally solves the problem.

I am committed to supporting the party in November. I will not run as a third party, not only because that space is filled in a little bit, but also because it's just not worth it. I believe in Democratic principles, I love my party, and I want to support it. I know some of these people on this stage don't exactly inspire the most confidence from me, but nevertheless I am willing to back them over Rudy Giuliani, who in four years as President has escalated war, cut taxes for the wealthy, and failed to get through a basic minimum wage bill. The risk of continued Republican control is too great for me.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2014, 03:52:12 AM »

John Edwards is an endorsement we probably should hold off on Just like Former VP Al Gore.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2014, 01:22:27 PM »
« Edited: September 06, 2014, 08:59:54 PM by IDS Emperor Maxwell »

Dean and Sanford announce Bipartisan Candidate Forum

MSNBC Political Director Chuck Todd set to moderate

September 8th, 2007 - At the end of the week, something different is going to happen: A two man, bipartisan debate between Governors Mark Sanford and Howard Dean, two respective candidates for President. Both men have varying views on policy, but have nevertheless agreed a debate with strong contrasts is important. They've agreed to a debate allowing responses, questioning the opponent, and even one or two questions from the audience. The debate is closed for the moment, though Dean and Sanford have reached out to other candidates for future bipartisan forums. The forum will occur on the 16th.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2014, 04:01:56 PM »

Howard Dean For America - September 8th - 15th

The New Hampshire Tour

"New Hampshire is a state of independent thinkers. People in this state don't just rush to decision, they make up their minds. This is a state that voted for Clinton both times and then turned around and voted for Bush and Giuliani, and I think I'm the kind of Democrat who can win it back. The first thing I want to say is in spite of the press calling me a far out wacko, I'm someone who has a pragmatic approach to the issues. I believe in balancing the books. And sometimes, that hurts. I admit, we may have to make some sacrificing for what we do. First, I want to get tax rates back to the Clinton levels. I won't be signing another tax cut unless its paid for and it helps the middle class and working families! From there, we have to cut our bloated defense state, and if there's anything left beyond that and waste, we have to take an even approach and cut the less useful programs. Those things together can bring our budgets to balance while at the same time, helping our economy prosper."

September 8th, 2007 (With Fmr. Sen. Bill Bradley and Rep. Carol Shea-Porter)
Town Hall in Winchester, New Hampshire
Town Hall in Troy, New Hampshire
Barnstorming in Keene, New Hampshire
Town Hall in Walpoll, New Hampshire
Television Appearance

"President Giuliani, unsurprisingly, has avoided his Republican opponents because he doesn't want there to be a debate on the issues, he just wants to be re-elected and silence his opposition on the right. I think that's downright shameful. I'll tell you this much: I love talking about the issues with voters, and arguing points with fellow candidates. I want as many debates as possible, which is why Mark Sanford and I are doing what we're doing. Voters want to see what their candidates have to say, and we are going to give them a debate on the issues."

"You know, our campaign is expanding every day. We are getting larger and larger funds, no thanks to big special interests and Super PACs, and we are catching up close to the frontrunners every day. We are in third place nationally, and a strong second place in Iowa and climbing the polls in New Hampshire. If the election were today, I think we'd surprise a lot of pundits who looked at my candidacy earlier on and said, 'Howard Dean ain't gonna win'. We still have a ways to go though: We don't have Blanche Lincoln or Hillary Clinton money at the moment, and so we're looking to compete where we can. Early states like Iowa and New Hampshire are beneficial for us because voters there are looking for problem solvers big and small, it's not about who spends the most, its about who spends the most time. From there, Michigan looks good, New Mexico looks good, and going forward, Maine and Washington are going to be states where you see a lot of us in the coming months."

"What has the President done right, Tim? We face trillion dollar deficits, special interests running the White House, very little done in way of what he promised, and even more blowing of money on charter schools, which don't even offer better results for our students. What's the most frightening, though, is the continuation of the Patriot Act, a bill that violates our freedom in such an egregious way that it makes me gag a little bit to call it the Patriot Act. Benjamin Franklin once said that 'Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.' and that holds true today in my mind. We need to repeal the Patriot Act and other violations of our right to privacy and freedom and begin to make amends with the American people. On my first day in office, I will shut down Guantanamo Bay."

September 9th, 2007 (With Fmr. Sen. Bill Bradley and Rep. Carol Shea-Porter)
Town Hall in Hillsborough, New Hampshire
Meet the Voters in Antrim, New Hampshire
Town Hall in Milford, New Hampshire
Barnstorming in Manchester, New Hampshire
Town Hall in Manchester, New Hampshire

"Congresswoman Carol Shea-Porter has been a great supporter of this campaign in this fight for the White House, and a great Representative for the state of New Hampshire. In the Democratic Party, there's not nearly enough fight, enough backbone, to fight the policies of this administration and of the Republicans. I want my party back. I want, my country back! Together we can do it, but only if we work hard, we go from door to door, we talk to people about the issues, and we get everyone involved. This country was founded on the ideals of Democracy, and this is Democracy at its roots. If you elect me President, I won't represent Big Oil, I won't represent large conglomerates, I won't represent any big name donors or big shots, I'll represent you, the people of New Hampshire, who go from paycheck to paycheck trying to put food on the plate every month and make a living. I want to live in a country where we don't discriminate on the basis of gender, race, sexuality, income, or anything other than the persons ability. That's my vision for America, and that's yours too! Let's work together, and make our vision true!"

September 10th, 2007 (With Fmr. Sen. Bill Bradley)
Town Hall in Hampton, New Hampshire
Meet the Voters in Exeter, New Hampshire
Barnstorming in Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Town Hall in Somersworth, New Hampshire

September 11th, 2007 (With Fmr. Sen. Bill Bradley)
Barnstorming in Dover, New Hampshire
Town Hall in Dover, New Hampshire
MEet and Greet in Rochester, New Hampshire
Town Hall in Farmington, New Hampshire
Town Hall in Belmont, New Hampshire

"Today is a tragic day in American history. I don't need to remind you all what happened, you already know. It angered me so much that day when it happened. But in dark times, Americans unite behind someone, a leader, and that's what happened in the aftermath of 9/11. What happened afterwards proved to be tragic as well. The signing into law of the Patriot Act, and the tricking of Americans into the Iraq War, have shaken the fabric of this country, torn us into two, and have bled our resources dry. We should learn from the lessons of post-9/11 and realize that we shouldn't be taken for granted, even in the most dire of times we must stick to what we believe in. Freedom, equality, peace. It's time we focused on defeating real terror, instead of putting forces into a country that had nothing to do with it."

September 12th, 2007 (With Fmr. Sen. Bill Bradley and Rep. Carol Shea-Porter)
Town Hall in Laconia, New Hampshire
Town Hall in Meredith, New Hampshire
Meet and Greet in Plymouth, New Hampshire
Town Hall in Plymouth, New Hampshire
Meet and Greet in North Woodstock, New Hampshire

September 13th, 2007 (With Fmr. Sen. Bill Bradley and Rep. Carol Shea-Porter)
Meet and Greet in Woodsville, New Hampshire
Meet and Greet in Lisbon, New Hampshire
Town Hall in Littleton, New Hampshire
Town Hall in Whitefield, New Hampshire
Town Hall in Berlin, New Hampshire

"Yes, folks, we need change! As the former New Jersey Senator and Basketball star Bill Bradley told me on the bus, we need to fundamentally change the way Washington works and how it operates. We send too many people to Washington who are beholden to the old ways. I say out with the old and in with the new! Middle class tax cuts done responsibly will invigorate this economy. Putting money where our mouth is on education, moving forward with math and science and new technologies will create a new economy with better paying jobs for America, and strengthening our unions and paying our teachers more will give them more incentive to be a better role model for our kids. Under Presidents Giuliani and Bush we are behind, we need to play catch-up. It's out with the old and in with the new, and it's time we took President Giuliani out of the White House! *Cheers*"

September 14th, 2007 (With Rep. Carol Shea-Porter)
Town Hall in West Milan, New Hampshire
Town Hall in Stratford, New Hampshire
Town Hall in Errol, New Hampshire
Town Hall in Pittsburg, New Hampshire

September 15th, 2007
Flight to Michigan
Meeting with heads of Campaign
Announcement of New Endorsements
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2014, 03:39:33 PM »

Rev. Jesse Jackson to back Dean for President

"Governor Howard Dean has shown me that he is the candidate with the best handle on the issues, the most ability to bring forward change, and the strongest fighter for civil rights. I have no question he'll be a good President, and unlike Hillary Clinton and the rest of the party, he is not beholden to anybody but the people. The people deserves someone who will represent them, he will, they won't. It's that simple."

September 8th - 11th, 2007 - Barnstorming in Michigan
September 12th - 13th, 2007 - Barnstorming in Illinois
September 14th - 15th, 2007 - Barnstorming in South Carolina

Martin Sheen - "It's time to boot this President!"

"You know I'm laughing now, but he's really doing a terrible job. This President is all about profit for his buddies, he's not about people. I try to stay out of this sort of thing, but I no longer can, we can't do it anymore. And the people running against him are crazy! I mean, let's put some sanity back in the White House. Howard Dean speaks real clear sense to me, and he does to so many people out there who are tired of war and poverty. It's time to boot this President!"

September 8th - 11th, 2007 - Barnstorming in California

Nagel follows Harkin, endorses Dean

"Tom Harkin is a great representative of our state, I'll follow him. Howard Dean is the man to lead us into the future, he is the guy I'm gonna support."

September 10th - 15th, 2007 - Barnstorming in Iowa

The DailyKos - Dean is the clear choice

September 9th, 2007 - The DailyKos, a well-known left-leaning weblog, has endorsed Howard Dean for President. They did so commandingly, chastising the other candidates as "not nearly progressive enough". They praised Dean, noting his near-universal healthcare coverage in Vermont, his unwillingness to take corporate donations, and his pledge to roll back the Bush tax cuts.

SEIU - The Leader our country needs is Dean

September 14th, 2007 - A major union backed the Presidential Campaign of Howard Dean. They represent people public and private, and noted Dean's strong support of unions and his healthcare plan in their endorsement of the candidate. In addition, they stood by Dean's leadership abilities, calling him "the leader the future of this country needs".
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2014, 03:53:50 PM »

Howard Dean for America - Strategy and Previous Surrogates

Strategy

The Dean campaign is expanding and expanding quickly. With major endorsements from big time unions and Jesse Jackson, the campaign has moved resources into bigger states like Michigan, Illinois, New Jersey, South Carolina, and Georgia. Some of those states don't look like states that Dean can compete in at the moment, but Dean is targeting the African American vote, promoting his endorsement from Reverend Jackson and his support for a basic guaranteed income, Medicare for All, and his opposition to vouchers. Most resources, however, are being focused in the states of Iowa and New Hampshire, opening states that are key to Dean's success in later states.

Grassroots activists are handing out campaign literature, knocking on doors, and making sure the Dean message is heard. Dean is planning on visiting every single county in the state of Iowa, making a very serious play for Governor Vilsack's home state. Campaign Manager Roy Neel and Campaign Advisor Jerry Brown have advocated the strategy, while accepting the expansion idea set forth by Campaign Co-Chair Steve Grossman.

Combining the on the ground presence with an online presence that has yet to be matched (and Dean is starting to even making up some of the cash disadvantage), the Dean camp is making moves that, months ago, many thought to be impossible.

Other Surrogates

Senator Tom Harkin, Iowa
September 8th - 13th - Barnstorming in Iowa
September 14th - 15th - Congressional Duties

Congresswoman Carol Shea-Porter, New Hampshire
September 8th - 10th - Congressional Duties
September 11th - 15th - Barnstorming in New Hampshire

Former Senator Bill Bradley, New Jersey
September 8th - 10th - Barnstorming in New Jersey
September 11th - Rest
September 12th - 15th - Barnstorming in New Hampshire
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2014, 11:44:32 PM »

so Landrieu ain't debating?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2014, 04:31:36 PM »

So now we're in the next round, right?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2014, 11:13:26 PM »

Howard Dean Ad - Take Our Country Back!
Airing in Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina

"Hi I'm Howard Dean, and it's time we took this country back! The working men and women of America are constantly under attack from these right to work laws that Republicans have put into place, making it harder to earn a living wage to feed your family. As President, I will repeal Taft-Hartley, cut taxes for the middle class, and raise the minimum wage so that you have the right to work for more. I have the support of the SEIU, one of the largest unions in the country. With your help, we can knock of President Giuliani and elect a real leader for President. I approve this message, because our working men and women are the backbone of this country, and they deserve better. "
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies