Announcing The Activity Project
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 10:45:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Announcing The Activity Project
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Announcing The Activity Project  (Read 779 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 27, 2016, 06:58:38 PM »

The past few days have given me much time to reflect upon all of the areas of deficiency in the game at-large. While I maintain that many of the criticisms levied (and that will be levied) at me were unfair and lacking in understanding of how complex and multi-faceted the game tends to be, I have decided to take a leadership role anyway, and to attempt to fix the problems that I notice in and around the country.

The Regions are a prime example of where more can done. The Regions are supposed to be the laboratories in which future talent is cultivated, yet we have multiple vacancies that can be filled and new and experienced players alike.

Because of this, I am announcing The Activity Project, which will be a comprehensive effort designed to do a variety of things:

• Identify troubled Regions and areas in the game
  • Identify specific regional roles and offices that are currently empty
  • Connect prospective officeholders with vacancies, in their Region or elsewhere
  • Shame inactive leaders into pulling their weight as well

FIRST PHASE OF THE PROJECT - REGIONS

Governors
Blair (Lab), Governor of the Northeast
Viva Portugal Habs (Lab), Governor of the Mideast
Leinad (Fed), Governor of the South
Tmthforu (Fed), Governor of the Midwest
**Turkisblau (Lab), Governor of the Pacific 

Legislatures
Northeast Assembly: Pikachu (Lab), CxSmith (Ind), Enduro (Fed), RGN (Fed), VACANT
Mideast Assembly: Never Again (Lab), Dar The Bear (Lab), EarlAW (WSR)
Southern Legislature: Haslam (Fed), Pingvin (Fed), Steelers (Lab)
Midwest Legislature: R. Fayette (TPP), Zs4321 (Fed), VACANT
**Pacific Council: 1184AZ (Lab), Nagas (Lab), Tik (Lab)

Judiciaries
Cinyc, Chief Judicial Officer of the Northeast
Badger, Chief Judicial Officer of the Mideast
Small L, Judicial Overlord of the South
VACANT, Chief Judicial Officer of the Midwest
VACANT, Chief Judicial Officer of the Pacific

** Entire regional government appears to be inactive/vacant

IDENTIFYING TROUBLED REGIONS - With respect to Regions currently having difficulties in filling their positions, there are three obvious Regions with deficiencies at present: the Pacific, the Midwest and the Northeast. Two of these Regions have had notable problems with respect to activity for several years (PAC, MW), and as such, remain difficult entities to fix. Each of these Regions has varying degrees of inactivity at present, ranging from mild to absolute. It is worth noting that a region having a full slate of elected officials or being active for a short period of time does not mean that it is viable or without problems. However, this project will focus on filling regional governments with interested bodies as a starting point.

IDENTIFYING SPECIFIC REGIONAL VACANCIES - The Registrar General has thankfully already put together a list for us from which to work (if a vacancy has already been filled and is no longer applicable, please let me know). There is a vacancy in the Midwest Legislature, a vacancy in the Northeast Assembly, and two judicial vacancies (in the Pacific and the Midwest). Additionally, there appears to be multiple vacancies in the Pacific, which will require further study by my administration in order to know how to act there.

CONNECTING VOLUNTEERS WITH VACANCIES - The Governors of each Region will be asked to work alongside this project in either a direct or indirect fashion. Many of you may remember my successful Save Our States program; the function of this program will be comparable to that. Anyone who is interested in serving will first be evaluated in his or her Region. If there are no opportunities available in the Region, then we will explore relocating the individual to another Region so that the Governor in question can confirm his or her appointment to the vacant seat. I'm sure at least a couple of people won't like this idea, but oh well - this is why you pay me the big bucks! We will make sure that Governors have a list of interested parties that they can consider for appointment. Once all the paperwork has been worked out, a timely movement of the citizen to the appropriate Region and appointment to the office will commence.

SHAME INACTIVE LEADERS - I've always been good at shaming others, and well, I've been getting a little bit of my own medicine lately, haven't I? The fact is that simply filling offices with people won't solve the problem. People must be active. There are likely "filled" seats in Regional governments right now who are not being filled by people who are active and engaged. I intend to first work with these individuals and encourage them to take a more proactive role in governance. If that doesn't work, however, then we will make sure the public understands which specific individuals are contributing to Regional decline. We cannot afford to have a cadre of figureheads anymore. We need strong leaders and citizens in our Regions. I intend to help in that process, by whatever means necessary.

I know we can do this. I have birthed entire Regions from scratch before by bringing dead zombielands back to life. I've reshaped Regions' political make-ups to be more advantageous to my needs. I've rewritten entire constitutions in Regions and helped birth a new era for them. I am confident that I can rise to this particular occasion of inactivity and slumber facing our Regions, and once we accomplish this particular task, we will move on to other areas of government where we are not getting our money's worth.

A great resurgence is just around the corner. I intend to further augment and speed up its ascension with The Activity Project.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 07:03:34 PM »

Throw the Pacific in the trash - irredeemable.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 07:09:50 PM »

Great work Mr. President! I'd love to join on!
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 07:15:24 PM »

Thank you for doing this, Mr. President. I am glad to see you are doing something about this crisis facing our amazing region.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2016, 07:25:41 PM »

I greatly appreciate this effort by the President; it's exactly what Atlasia needs. For what it's worth the Northeast has the honour of in this term alone losing 4 of our assembly members-Kent, Dkrol, Clyde and Enduro to the federal government. I've reached out to about 5 different people now about running in the Assembly yet the uptake has been slow
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2016, 07:51:21 PM »

pikachu
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2016, 08:36:03 PM »

Like Blair said, the issue with the Northeast is that we have a lot of players who just go on to do bigger things. Considering that, I think permanently making the Assembly smaller would be a good solution, but I feel confident that we'll have a full Assembly nextterm.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2016, 04:23:40 AM »

Terrific idea! I'm certainly willing to help any way I can, and I'm sure lots of our fellow Southerners would also be willing to help.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2016, 08:12:37 PM »

I tried doing that two and a half years ago: they wouldn't let me. Cry That act set off the chain of events that ultimately brought us to the ConCon, though!

Great work Mr. President! I'd love to join on!

Thank you for doing this, Mr. President. I am glad to see you are doing something about this crisis facing our amazing region.

I greatly appreciate this effort by the President; it's exactly what Atlasia needs. For what it's worth the Northeast has the honour of in this term alone losing 4 of our assembly members-Kent, Dkrol, Clyde and Enduro to the federal government. I've reached out to about 5 different people now about running in the Assembly yet the uptake has been slow

I would love to help in anyway. I would also love to work with  Govenor Türkisblau you, and my fellow legislatures in reviving the Pacific region.

Like Blair said, the issue with the Northeast is that we have a lot of players who just go on to do bigger things. Considering that, I think permanently making the Assembly smaller would be a good solution, but I feel confident that we'll have a full Assembly nextterm.

Terrific idea! I'm certainly willing to help any way I can, and I'm sure lots of our fellow Southerners would also be willing to help.

Thank you all for the support! And you're right about the Northeast: going back a long time, the Northeast has produced a disproportionate number of politicians. I remember having difficulty finding people to run for Assembly even when we had more than a dozen Laborites there: at one point, we had 3-4 Senators from the Northeast, a President and multiple cabinet members all coming from there.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2016, 08:15:41 PM »

I'm pleased to announce that in the past 24 hours, 3 potential citizens who are ready to serve in the Northeast and the Pacific have stepped forward.

I will continue to ask people to let me know if they're willing to serve over the coming days, will continue to grow the potential list, and will contact the Governors with more information when we have a bit larger of a list to consider.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2016, 09:58:05 PM »

I will always be willing to serve my region.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2016, 01:15:32 AM »

That is essentially the conclusion of a report I have just released.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2016, 07:45:40 PM »

A bit of an update:

In the Northeast, the original vacancy appears to have been filled! The conversations I had had with one individual in particular unfortunately revealed that they would not be able to serve in the position of Assemblyman for a few more days. Thankfully, Governor Blair has acted quickly to remedy the situation. I appreciate his dedication to the job and to restoring the balance of a full Northeast Assembly. I also hope that the person who expressed initial interest will be willing to step up to the plate in the February election and provide a more competitive regular regional election.

In the Midwest, I've been engaged in productive talks with the Governor to fill the current vacancies in the regional government. Initial estimates may have proven to be too optimistic, as the Legislature in general needs a total transformation and new life. Snowguy has stepped up to the plate and agreed to serve in the Midwest Legislature, and I am in discussions with another interested resident to fill another one of the positions. I'd like to thank the Governor for being proactive and engaging in this process.

In the Pacific, things are a bit more complicated than they previously appeared at the onset of The Activity Project. Simfan, rpryor, 1184AZ and one other individual have expressed interest to me about being more involved and getting the regional government moving again, but it appears that with no CJO and with the last elections scheduled for December, we do not currently have any elected/appointed officials in the Midwest who can appoint individuals to office or hold elections. As such, I've asked the Senate to provide the same emergency powers that were provided in 2013 that will allow an interim government to be restored, with normal elections to follow.

I applaud Simfan for taking the initative to start planning for the future of the Western Region. The truth is, I have viewed many elements of the game from the same perspective that others have expressed ("if we're resetting in just a couple of months, then it's hard to get people active and engaged"). Nevertheless, having entire Regions in complete non-functioning order - not even in name only - is not an ideal situation for us to be in at any stage of the game. I don't foresee being able to inject the Pacific with an interim regional government in a legal fashion without action from the Senate to resolve the process. As such, I cannot recommend that anyone from outside the Region who wishes to serve right now move to the Region, but I wish those in the Region who are now coming together to plan for the future all the luck in the world.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies