Republican National Convention **live commentary thread** (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 01:02:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Republican National Convention **live commentary thread** (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Republican National Convention **live commentary thread**  (Read 101043 times)
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« on: July 18, 2016, 04:26:12 PM »

#NeverTrump considering placing another person in nomination for Vice President against Mike Pence
Is that within the rules?

Entirely.  No delegates are bound for the VP vote, and the idea that the Presidential nominee picks a VP that is then rubber-stamped by the convention is purely convention (no pun intended).  

If another VP nominee candidate garners enough support under Rule 40 (majorities of 8 delegations), there will be a roll call and everything.  Seems unlikely given their failure to force a vote on rules changes, but they'll try regardless.  Lord knows who their standard bearer would be, though.

With Trump now guaranteed to be the nominee, I suppose the goal is to express dissatisfaction by making the convention as annoying and divisive as possible.
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2016, 09:01:23 PM »

I disagree with Cruz on pretty much everything, but I respect him a lot more for that act of political courage.

If the GOP wakes up from their hangover after November, perhaps it even pays off for him.
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 09:36:17 PM »

Trump sure knows how to pick some incongruous music, with The Who's "Eminence Front" now playing.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies