Torch-bearing white nationalists march ahead of alt-right rally(Charlottesville) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 02:18:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Torch-bearing white nationalists march ahead of alt-right rally(Charlottesville) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Torch-bearing white nationalists march ahead of alt-right rally(Charlottesville)  (Read 42198 times)
GGover
BBovine
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.06, S: 2.09

« on: August 12, 2017, 02:48:18 PM »

What an abysmal speech.

I actually thought he could manage to make a good speech, but his "all sides" statement and his overall demeanor made it seem like he didn't care at all.
GGover
BBovine
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 02:54:26 PM »

What an abysmal speech.

I actually thought he could manage to make a good speech, but his "all sides" statement and his overall demeanor made it seem like he didn't care at all.

It's like they just woke him up for a nap and all he wants to do is go back to sleep.

It's sad because the part of the speech that was told with the most enthusiasm was the little rants he did about Foxconn  or whatever. And then at the very end of his "unity" speech he turns to the veterans and makes a little joke.  Trump is just an ass of a person. He clearly doesn't know what's appropriate, but I guess I should've known that about him by now.
GGover
BBovine
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 03:32:35 PM »

Yeah, today was the ultimate low point in Donald Trump's presidency.

So far.
GGover
BBovine
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 03:36:54 PM »

Everything bad is Trump's fault and every speech by Trump is the worst one ever. Like any other day on Atlas. Reminds me why I seldom post here anymore.

Or maybe it was just an awful speech...
GGover
BBovine
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2017, 04:45:28 PM »

Trump may as well say he supports the neo-Nazi thugs.
He condemned them, but don't let facts get in the way of your strongly held opinion...

It was obviously an insincere condemnation. It's like when a teacher forces a child to apologize even though they don't want to. Trump was forced to condemn them because he's the president, but his demeanor and inappropriate asides stripped all meaning from what could have been a great opportunity for Trump to show some maturity and to be a president for all Americans.
GGover
BBovine
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2017, 04:51:06 PM »

"B-but... but what about MUH SCALISE?!"

I guess everything wrong the right does is justified because a lunatic who vaguely holds the same political views as I do shot some people months ago.

GGover
BBovine
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2017, 04:57:29 PM »

"B-but... but what about MUH SCALISE?!"

I guess everything wrong the right does is justified because a lunatic who vaguely holds the same political views as I do shot some people months ago.

Clearly there is a double standard here. You rushed to distance your sides rhetoric from the Scalise shooter.

Absurd straw man.
GGover
BBovine
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2017, 05:51:15 PM »

Extremely normal person behaivour to come into a thread about white supremacists and start yelling about people wanting reparations.

Yeah. I'm SURE David isn't at all racist. That's definitely the first thought I had!
Oh I know David is a racist from every time he talks about Palestinians. This is just the first time I've seen him nuzzle so close to actual white supremacy.
Because saying "reparations" -- payments from white people to black people based on race -- are racist = white supremacy? Atlas Leftists are getting more deranged by the minute.

How did reparations even come up in this thread?
I mentioned them as an example of why Trump is right when he says that the hatred and racism comes from multiple sides.

In what way are reparations hateful? Also not everything based on race is instantly racist.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies