Santorum: Obama 'A Snob' For Wanting Everyone To Go To College (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 02:15:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Santorum: Obama 'A Snob' For Wanting Everyone To Go To College (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Santorum: Obama 'A Snob' For Wanting Everyone To Go To College  (Read 9796 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: February 25, 2012, 03:14:06 PM »

...I support Rick, and all, but this is stupid. I live in a family where almost no one went to college in my family.

Don't tell ME someone is a snob for wanting to go to college, when YOU went to Penn State University, and the University of Pittsburgh.

It's easy to say that college "doesn't matter" or "isn't THAT important" when you went to college.

Senator, you need to word things better.
It has nothing to do with his 'words'. This is what santorum (ba, mba, jd) truly believes in his heart of hearts.

And now, because I am widely known to unfairly persecute all santorum supporters, illl be infracting you 10 points for this, and all succeeding posts you make. Wink
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 03:39:02 PM »
« Edited: February 26, 2012, 02:46:05 AM by Badger »

Folks, the British have a saying: "Horses for courses." It comes from the fact that certain horses run better on certain courses. Similarly, what is suitable for one person may not be suitable for another. There is no one-size-fits-all solution for everybody. For better or worse, market forces pick horses for courses. Let the markets operate, and we will be more competitive, and resources will be allocated more efficiently, than any entity could possibly hope to achieve via planning/manipulation.

Wow. The length of my 'point and laugh' post refuting politico's citing a phase from the victorians class system in defense of 'market forces' ensuring less affluent kids who perform well on tests go to college notably leds than wealthy kids who test similarly well would take pages to fully squeeze out every drop of foolishness in that post. Instead I'll just leave it with this apt summary:

Let's just say this is exactly the type of post one would expect from someone who (supposedly) works in finance and only a few months ago openly adnitted to envying the tycoons his bosses work for who rack up trophy wives with their vast wealth.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 09:35:58 PM »

College seems not to make people more secular, FWIW:

http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/02/studies-refute-santorums-claim-that-attending-college-reduces-religiosity.php?ref=fpblg

If college works as it's supposed to, it encourages people to ask more questions, and to think more critically. That doesn't guarantee that it makes people more liberal.

Actually, that's the definition of encouraging liberal thought. And that's not a bad thing at all.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies