Judge declares SSM ban in VA illegal (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 04:00:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Judge declares SSM ban in VA illegal (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Judge declares SSM ban in VA illegal  (Read 2086 times)
seanNJ9
United States

« on: February 13, 2014, 10:54:05 PM »

Who is going to appeal this?
seanNJ9
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 10:57:27 PM »

And PA is the lone holdout in the Mid-Atlantic. Sad

Congrats to the Old Dominion I guess.
nope, you and WV can still go to dinner tomorrow night.
seanNJ9
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 01:02:55 AM »
« Edited: February 14, 2014, 01:05:56 AM by seanNJ9 »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

And gay marriage will lead to this slippery slope, particularly when a court just decides that a certain group should be afforded a new right that was never intended by our founders......

Why not just add to the definition of marriage to include homosexual couples, and not make it a constitutional right?

"Not intended by our founders"

1. How the heck do you know what they intended?

2. They aren't infallible, there are countless things they could never foreseen.  The constitution is a living document that can, has, and will be amended.
seanNJ9
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 01:07:07 AM »

Because if it was 100% crucial to allow anyone to marry anyone else they want, believe me, it would have been in there and specifically stated.

What have we done historically when our society evolved? We changed the constitution to create the new rights we wanted to create.

But the left has "found" rights in the constitution that our founding fathers, I'm pretty sure, would be horrified by, particularly Roe v. Wade

And I'm horrified they owned slaves, so we're even I guess.

Just about every meaningful social change the last 50 years has came via the courts. What's horrificly wrong is continuing to subject a minority to majority rule. How much longer do gays and lesbians in Oklahoma, Alabama, and Virginia have to wait for their neighbors acceptance or approval? Enough is enough.
seanNJ9
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 01:14:58 AM »
« Edited: February 14, 2014, 01:18:19 AM by seanNJ9 »

Your little elitist jab at the South not withstanding, you can't force anybody to accept or approve anyone else's behavior and lifestyle choices.

Once SSM is forced onto the country by Obama's court that the Republicans sat with their hands folded while they were rubberstamped to confirmation, won't that be enough?
Why do you crave acceptance from all your neighbors if you have what you deem to be equal rights?

Jab at the south? More like an example of the founders being less than perfect. I mean they owned people. They couldn't find African Americans rights when they wrote that thing, how do you expect them to find gay peoples?

We are well past looking for peoples acceptance for gays, the people who are still not there will get there when they get there, but under the eyes of the law... It's time. The train is leaving the station and you are being left behind.
seanNJ9
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2014, 01:22:21 AM »

Thanks. I have to be hopeful and positive though. We just have to pray. The #1 priority during 2014 midterm  is to pass voter ID laws as many places as possible and have a 2004-style turnout machine. 

Let me tell you, something, Sean. As a gay conservative I have gotten maybe 1000 times more respect from conservative Christian southern Baptists than I have from the communists in the most intolerant city on Earth-San Francisco, for even supporting RINO Republican candidates.

I don't crave acceptance from anybody. Not even myself. ok.

Forgive me if I don't believe you.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies