Boston Mayor does not support death penalty, but supports it for Boston bomber (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 05:01:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Boston Mayor does not support death penalty, but supports it for Boston bomber (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Boston Mayor does not support death penalty, but supports it for Boston bomber  (Read 1180 times)
New_Conservative
United States

« on: February 01, 2014, 08:16:00 PM »

http://videos.masslive.com/republican/2014/01/video_boston_mayor_marty_walsh_1.html

Isn't that a huge contradiction?
New_Conservative
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 08:19:59 PM »

You would think, but I am sure many people have the same views.

I know, but if you believe that just admit you are in favor of the death penalty in extreme circumstances.
New_Conservative
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 08:57:50 PM »

I guess it's like the people who say that abortion is murder until their daughter gets pregnant from a rape.

It's exactly like that.

That is why I am pro-life except in cases of rape and if the health of the mother is threatened.
New_Conservative
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 09:45:05 PM »

I guess it's like the people who say that abortion is murder until their daughter gets pregnant from a rape.

It's exactly like that.

That is why I am pro-life except in cases of rape and if the health of the mother is threatened.

What is your reason for being pro-life than?  The rape exception that most pro-lifers apply really is logically inconsistent.

As for the death penalty, you should either support it or oppose it.  There should never be a one-person or one-case exception to apply a sentence that normally isn't given.  Offense variables are one thing, but a whole different sentence leads to issues.

I believe that abortion is murder and wrong, but with the rape exception I don't think I have the right to tell a women after she got raped that she has to keep the baby.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies