Rep. Massie introduces repeal of Federal "Gun free" School Zones Act (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 05:55:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Rep. Massie introduces repeal of Federal "Gun free" School Zones Act (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rep. Massie introduces repeal of Federal "Gun free" School Zones Act  (Read 5661 times)
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« on: January 04, 2013, 06:38:28 PM »

FF.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 08:48:55 PM »

I can think of no rational person who would make themselves feel safer by putting a big sign out in front of their house that says "I am unarmed. Please do not rob me."

Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 11:07:10 PM »

I can think of no rational person who would make themselves feel safer by putting a big sign out in front of their house that says "I am unarmed. Please do not rob me."

And yet nobody that I'm aware of advertises that they have a gun in their house either. Just asking for a burglary when nobody's home.

They don't need to, there's just the possibility, and why would you go somewhere where there might possibly be a gun when there are signs directing you to where there aren't any?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 10:33:14 AM »

And yet nobody that I'm aware of advertises that they have a gun in their house either. Just asking for a burglary when nobody's home.

They don't need to, there's just the possibility, and why would you go somewhere where there might possibly be a gun when there are signs directing you to where there aren't any?
Because a gun is exactly what many criminals are out to steal.

The majority of criminals are not out to steal guns, they are out to steal anything that is valuable, and will choose the path of least resistance to get that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies