Question Time Official Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 04:13:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Question Time Official Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Question Time Official Thread  (Read 1277 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: September 08, 2010, 12:02:36 PM »

The Secretary of Internal Affairs shall open a thread in the "Atlas Fantasy Elections" board for the purpose of commentary and questions from the citizens, as well as good-hearted jabs for the purpose of livening political debate.

And it be done.

I will moderate ensuring that questions go the right people and that politicians answer them Wink I'll open up the questions for 72 hours then allow responses (or lack thereof) and then 24 hours of supplimentary questions

Afleitch; SOIA     
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 05:06:28 AM »

Is there any hope of true climate change legislation (i.e. Cap and Trade, a Carbon Tax, etc.) passing before the end of this term?

BTW, I guess this would be directed towards the SoIA. Tongue Wink

Duly noted Smiley

I think that while climate change is clearly a highly rated and highly concernable threat, 'realpolitik' kicks in at times of economic uncertainty. There is, without a doubt a waryness amongst some to support legislation that may have an effect on employment in this country at least in the short term. Environmental legislation along the lines of what you have mentioned also falls into the time old arguement about a carrot v stick approach to taxation on industry and businesses. I have always been in favour of rewarding and incentivising business who adhere to certain practices rather than penalising them and I would certainly support legislation to that effect.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 09:09:06 AM »

The Vice President outlined precisely what I've been working on in his post in this thread.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies