"Boehner killer" Rep. Mark Meadows also leds the new charge against Paul Ryan (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 12:49:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  "Boehner killer" Rep. Mark Meadows also leds the new charge against Paul Ryan (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Boehner killer" Rep. Mark Meadows also leds the new charge against Paul Ryan  (Read 2746 times)
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: October 20, 2016, 08:44:52 AM »

This is a great example of why talk radio's influence is so self-defeating for conservative goals. Sure, it builds a massive audience who become reliable GOP voters, but they also fall for such extreme nonsense and hold their legislators (both D and R) to such absurd standards because of what some bloviating "entertainer" can spout on air with 0 consequences. People like Hannity and Limbaugh don't need to legislate so they don't need to compromise, and they teach their listeners that THEY should never have to compromise either.

There's plenty of ardently left-wing media too (The Stranger here in Seattle I wouldn't use to wipe my rear with) that has poisoned discourse at a local level (again, see "Stranger, The") but thankfully they have none of the national reach that the Entertainment Wing has on the right.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 06:39:20 PM »

This is a great example of why talk radio's influence is so self-defeating for conservative goals. Sure, it builds a massive audience who become reliable GOP voters, but they also fall for such extreme nonsense and hold their legislators (both D and R) to such absurd standards because of what some bloviating "entertainer" can spout on air with 0 consequences. People like Hannity and Limbaugh don't need to legislate so they don't need to compromise, and they teach their listeners that THEY should never have to compromise either.

There's plenty of ardently left-wing media too (The Stranger here in Seattle I wouldn't use to wipe my rear with) that has poisoned discourse at a local level (again, see "Stranger, The") but thankfully they have none of the national reach that the Entertainment Wing has on the right.
On the compromise part and talk radio I do wonder how these talk radio listeners(the no compromise listens) ever have been married before since you have to compromise in marriage.  For the record I have never been married but I know my decisions would be different because I would have to account for another person being in my life. I do think Conservative Talk Radio spouts some nonsense just to keep the advertisers happy but most of the rhetoric that they spout they do believe.

Yes Seattle is a very left-wing but I think if left-wing talk radio "made it" in NYC Or Los Angeles left-wing talk radio might have an impact on the national level for Democrats. The NYC and LA radio markets still yield a lot of power nationally I think.

Interestingly enough there have been weaksauce attempts to get left wing talk off the ground and it always fails miserably. NY and LA would be the place to do it, though.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2016, 06:40:35 PM »

There's plenty of ardently left-wing media too (The Stranger here in Seattle I wouldn't use to wipe my rear with) that has poisoned discourse at a local level (again, see "Stranger, The")

There's plenty of ardently left-wing media too (The Stranger here in Seattle I wouldn't use to wipe my rear with) that has poisoned discourse at a local level (again, see "Stranger, The")

So you pick up your copy of The Stranger every day, I take it?
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2016, 11:42:16 AM »

Bahahahaha there's no way that "pooping" thing is real. Link, please, I need to see this...

Not a lot of good options in seattle media. The Stranger is basically "Tumblr, the Newspaper" and the Times is a grumpy NIMBY rag in the tank for the Port. It still rankles me that the Stranger's position is that anyone to Sawant's right (i.e. every Democrat in America) is some kind of corporate tool who eats babies and sodomjzes puppies.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2016, 04:15:12 PM »

Bahahahaha there's no way that "pooping" thing is real. Link, please, I need to see this...

Not a lot of good options in seattle media. The Stranger is basically "Tumblr, the Newspaper" and the Times is a grumpy NIMBY rag in the tank for the Port. It still rankles me that the Stranger's position is that anyone to Sawant's right (i.e. every Democrat in America) is some kind of corporate tool who eats babies and sodomjzes puppies.

It's not real, I was just writing an example of the line of stuff that's standard in there.  May have gone a bit overboard haha

There's enough Seattle-area Atlasians that I bet if they got together they could get some traction for a better media option.  Won't happen, but it's nice to think about.

WA State politics, for all their reputation of being dull, are thoroughly depressing because of stuff like the Stranger. My favorite Seattle-area news source is actually the Seattle Transit Blog because even with a narrow focus it is upfront about its implicit bias and it's well written/knowledgeable
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies