I have a new job!!! (Yes, Attention Whoring)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 10:56:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I have a new job!!! (Yes, Attention Whoring)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15
Author Topic: I have a new job!!! (Yes, Attention Whoring)  (Read 50213 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: July 27, 2010, 10:57:12 AM »

Yeah. Time to stop, I think. Have you ever considered cleaning toilets?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #251 on: July 27, 2010, 10:58:25 AM »

Yeah. Time to stop, I think. Have you ever considered cleaning toilets?

Toilets are cleaned in Oklahoma?
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #252 on: July 27, 2010, 11:16:36 AM »

I hear Domino's will hire anybody without a criminal record, at least in Ithaca.  get weekend shifts and you'll occasionally eke out a living wage incl. tips.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #253 on: July 27, 2010, 11:42:05 AM »

I think you'd probably be able to do better than minimum wage, although you'd have to keep your attitude hidden. As an employer, I don't like it when my employees try to tell me what they believe themselves to be worth. But they're all making far beyond minimum wage, too.

Well thanks for the encouraging words (however little I believe them), but obviously I never reveal anything in real life exept the most obsequious a*s-kissing.  What sort of employer are you, J-Mann?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #254 on: July 27, 2010, 12:05:07 PM »

Feeling bad now for Bushie......  Sad  Just past high noon and nada.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #255 on: July 27, 2010, 12:20:10 PM »

It'll be alright.  After HR's lunch hour, I'm tempted to walk in there and see what I can come up with.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #256 on: July 27, 2010, 12:27:28 PM »

It'll be alright.  After HR's lunch hour, I'm tempted to walk in there and see what I can come up with.

Take your cell phone with ya.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #257 on: July 27, 2010, 01:38:47 PM »

No returned calls is not encouraging. Surely he's been back in his office by now. Not working a 2 week notice may have been the nail in your coffin. They may be afraid to hire you back if you are going to just quit without notice a few weeks later.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #258 on: July 27, 2010, 01:55:46 PM »

Well, scratch ONG off the list. Sad  They don't rescind resignation letters of any length.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #259 on: July 27, 2010, 02:52:02 PM »

It's a shame.....but think about it, would you not do the same in their position?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #260 on: July 27, 2010, 03:26:04 PM »

The probably don't because of the way it was handled. If you just up and quit, it looks much worse than if you worked your two weeks, gave them time to hire someone else, and then left. Instead, they were left high and dry.

Move on to the next one.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #261 on: July 27, 2010, 03:45:39 PM »

I've got a bit of good news to report.  I was looking in our Sunday newspaper this afternoon for the fourth time and found an administrative assistant and light sales position for a health care company in Oklahoma City.  It would pay $600 per week plus benefits and it would be a blend of little home, but mostly office work.  They want me to come in for an interview this evening at 7:00.

My Dad told me that if the company looks reputable and they want me, TAKE IT!!!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #262 on: July 27, 2010, 03:48:22 PM »

They want to interview you? That's more than what ON-Company wanted. If they do, then take it. Unless something big comes along, you don't want to stay unemployed very long.

Good luck.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #263 on: July 27, 2010, 03:51:33 PM »

They want to interview you? That's more than what ON-Company wanted. If they do, then take it. Unless something big comes along, you don't want to stay unemployed very long.

Good luck.

Yes, and it's only 11 1/2 miles from my house instead of thousands of miles of land plus thousands of miles of ocean plus a hemisphere away.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #264 on: July 27, 2010, 03:52:51 PM »

Good luck.

Yes, and it's only 11 1/2 miles from my house instead of thousands of miles of land plus thousands of miles of ocean plus a hemisphere away.

That ON Company didn't have a location, so use dwelling on where it was. It didn't exist.

At least this one seems to have a physical person, location and legitimate interest in interviewing you, not just offering you twice the way with no explanation at all behind it.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #265 on: July 27, 2010, 04:31:05 PM »

In case Ameripride falls through tonight, I've got another interview tomorrow morning at 11:15 with a marketing company located here in Oklahoma City just north of the OKC Airport.  This would have a guaranteed salary and benefits of $3,000 a month (IN WRITING) for Platinum Services.

So, I've suddenly gone from a hopeless case of despair about 3:00 this afternoon to 2 interviews within the next 24 hours just 90 minutes later at the current time of 4:30.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #266 on: July 27, 2010, 04:52:39 PM »

Don't they have Real Companies in Oklahoma?  I mean, I know Real Ones only pay $7-8/hour, but anyway they're real.

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #267 on: July 27, 2010, 04:57:51 PM »

Don't they have Real Companies in Oklahoma?  I mean, I know Real Ones only pay $7-8/hour, but anyway they're real.

Yes, but I can't make $1,300 a month worth of bills on $8.00 an hour.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #268 on: July 27, 2010, 05:17:56 PM »

Well how does the rest of the country do it?

(seriously I don't know how about 60% of the population even survives)
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #269 on: July 27, 2010, 05:24:11 PM »

A variety of means. Help from family. Crime. Government assistance. Not paying bills. Charity. A combination of many of these.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #270 on: July 27, 2010, 05:26:38 PM »

seriously I don't know how about 60% of the population even survives)

A variety of means. Help from family. Crime. Government assistance. Not paying bills. Charity. A combination of many of these.

Well, I know that the poor live very short lives - usually dying off somewhere between 30s and late 50s - but, still that's still a lot of months to months, and hand-to-mouths.  It really is astounding they live even as long as they do.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #271 on: July 27, 2010, 06:07:21 PM »

No, not usually. Patterns of early death usually follow patterns of class pretty closely, but nowhere in the 'West' (well, outside certain small groups on the margins of society) is early death the norm. It's not 1842 anymore, thank God.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #272 on: July 27, 2010, 07:28:16 PM »

Well thanks for the encouraging words (however little I believe them), but obviously I never reveal anything in real life exept the most obsequious a*s-kissing.  What sort of employer are you, J-Mann?

Ironically, my company does much of what BushOK's scam company claimed to do -- web design, web application development, consulting and hosting ... except we're a legitimate company!

In case Ameripride falls through tonight, I've got another interview tomorrow morning at 11:15 with a marketing company located here in Oklahoma City just north of the OKC Airport.  This would have a guaranteed salary and benefits of $3,000 a month (IN WRITING) for Platinum Services.

So, I've suddenly gone from a hopeless case of despair about 3:00 this afternoon to 2 interviews within the next 24 hours just 90 minutes later at the current time of 4:30.

This is encouraging. I'm sorry to hear about ONG, but it sounds as if a couple of better opportunities may have presented themselves. The administrative assistant job alone pays better than ONG, although make sure to clarify what "light sales" means. Cold-calling or sales in general can be miserable if you're not prepared for it ... I know a few very good salespeople, and a lot of people that just plain suck at it.

As others have said, I think if something seems stable, legitimate and pays more than ONG, you should take the opportunity.

I don't see much -- if any -- poverty where I'm at. True, the cost of living is significantly lower, but even my college interns make $11 an hour plus commission and bonuses. I'm not sure I know anyone who makes $7 or $8 an hour as an adult.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #273 on: July 27, 2010, 08:03:45 PM »

J-Mann, stop poking holes in Opebo's narrative conceit.  He has put a lot of time and thousands of posts constructing this and it is not right.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #274 on: July 27, 2010, 09:52:32 PM »

In the meantime BushOK ought to hit up the temp agencies. You can actually get fairly decent jobs from them, temporary of course and not the best, but working for 6 weeks at $11/hour while you search for a permanent job beats sitting on your ass or working at McDonald's in the meantime.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies