I have a new job!!! (Yes, Attention Whoring)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 12:48:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I have a new job!!! (Yes, Attention Whoring)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15
Author Topic: I have a new job!!! (Yes, Attention Whoring)  (Read 50214 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: July 27, 2010, 10:27:08 PM »

In case Ameripride falls through tonight, I've got another interview tomorrow morning at 11:15 with a marketing company located here in Oklahoma City just north of the OKC Airport.  This would have a guaranteed salary and benefits of $3,000 a month (IN WRITING) for Platinum Services.

So, I've suddenly gone from a hopeless case of despair about 3:00 this afternoon to 2 interviews within the next 24 hours just 90 minutes later at the current time of 4:30.

Wow, the job market sounds a lot better there than it is here. And of course one can live on these kinds of money there. Here, you'd be screwed with that kind of money, and you need 6 digits to consider buying a house in any sort of reasonable neighborhood.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #276 on: July 27, 2010, 10:53:41 PM »
« Edited: July 27, 2010, 10:56:02 PM by Stars & Stripes Forever »

In case you haven't read facebook in the past 5 minutes or less - I HAVE A JOB!!!!  The company is actually called Ameriplan, not Ameripride.  It is a work-from-home job, but I have local offices to go to when i need it.  The headquarters is located in Plano, Texas, but has operations in all 50 states.  I will basically be doing marketing.  The company promotes benefits packages that no employer will ever give, such as dental insurance with no annual cap, also vision, medical, great prescription benefits covering up to 85% on some meds.  Also included is ID theft protection, 24/7 credit monitoring, automobile maintenance discounted, as well as numerous discounts at a lot of retailers and restaurants.  The benefits are effective immediately, there is no waiting period.  For an entire household, the whole schebang runs $50.00 a month.  There is also a live nurse on call 24/7/365 to help curb some late night trips to the ER.  There is a base salary of $600 per week plus what I make from the sales, and I will have meetings to go to about 2 or 3 evenings a month here in Oklahoma City.  I get the same benefits that I market.  On the days that I do have meetings, i will work 7:30-2:30, normally it is 7:30-4:30.  I also have free conference calls at 8:00 each morning just to give encouragement to and get encouragement from my peers and supervisors.  I don't have to do any prospecting or cold calling.  I will generate leads through a variety of sources, including, but not limited to the newspaper, craigslist, etc.  They will, in turn, call me and I will always have the support of my boss  There are no chargebacks, no monthly quotas, no persistency requirements.  They have an A rating with the BBB.

I am very pleased and very excited.  I will get started on Friday, July 30, 2010
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #277 on: July 27, 2010, 10:55:25 PM »

Congrats. I hope it works out for you!
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #278 on: July 27, 2010, 11:06:11 PM »
« Edited: July 27, 2010, 11:14:38 PM by J-Mann »

That is fantastic, Jeff. Congratulations! I'm glad that everything worked out for you and hope this new job works out well ... and hopefully, all of this was a bit of a learning experience, too Smiley

It does sound as if you'll be more marketing oriented, but I know a bit about sales Smiley  Feel free to reach out to me if you need some encouragement as you get started in this new endeavor.

PS: do keep your ears to the ground for other opportunities. Ameriplan is one of those multi-level marketing IBOs that looks great but can be a lot of hard work and has likely maxed out its full potential for individual representatives. Make sure that there is actually a guaranteed salary involved (beyond sales).
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #279 on: July 27, 2010, 11:21:33 PM »

The good news is - I already have benefits.  There is no waiting period for this stuff.

I have a conference call at 8:00 tomorrow morning, followed by some online training, but my first day of actual work will be this Friday, July 30, 2010.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #280 on: July 27, 2010, 11:25:35 PM »

The good news is - I already have benefits.  There is no waiting period for this stuff.

I've been employed for a few months and I don't even have that.

Waiting around for ObamaCare to kick in and for me to leach off my parent's health insurance plan.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #281 on: July 27, 2010, 11:26:29 PM »

I have a conference call at 8:00 tomorrow morning, followed by some online training, but my first day of actual work will be this Friday, July 30, 2010.

Hold them to it! Get an employment agreement, a benefits summary and guarantee, and document everything!
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P

« Reply #282 on: July 27, 2010, 11:36:09 PM »

If the term "multi level marketing" is involved, I hate to say this, but that's a code word for a pyramid scheme. Not nearly as much of a scam as the last one, but make sure they don't charge you for any training materials or anything of the sort and that there is indeed a guaranteed base salary regardless of any sales you may or may not make.

Many people have lost their family and friends over MLMs. Be wary.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #283 on: July 27, 2010, 11:41:33 PM »

If the term "multi level marketing" is involved, I hate to say this, but that's a code word for a pyramid scheme. Not nearly as much of a scam as the last one, but make sure they don't charge you for any training materials or anything of the sort and that there is indeed a guaranteed base salary regardless of any sales you may or may not make.

Many people have lost their family and friends over MLMs. Be wary.

This is no MLM, and there is a base salary of $600 per week.

Think of it as a base + commission instead of MLM.

I didn't have to pay a dime to get started.

Jesse, I will indeed hold them to it.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P

« Reply #284 on: July 27, 2010, 11:57:14 PM »

So long as that base is guaranteed even if you don't make a single sale, it sounds ok then--make sure there's nothing in the fine print about having to hit any sort of sales quotas. I'm not saying they don't have a right to expect you to be successful at what you do, but these types of jobs can be very stressful and you will likely be under constant pressure to sell, sell, sell.

Also try to check into whether they do things like dock your pay for customers leaving the program or the like, that's another way these places will sometimes get you. Or at the very least take it out of future commissions.

Budget based on the assumption that you will make zero commission and then any you do earn is gravy.

From everything I've read about it online, I'd be very nervous about this. But good luck, my friend.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #285 on: July 28, 2010, 12:03:00 AM »

So long as that base is guaranteed even if you don't make a single sale, it sounds ok then--make sure there's nothing in the fine print about having to hit any sort of sales quotas. I'm not saying they don't have a right to expect you to be successful at what you do, but these types of jobs can be very stressful and you will likely be under constant pressure to sell, sell, sell.

Also try to check into whether they do things like dock your pay for customers leaving the program or the like, that's another way these places will sometimes get you. Or at the very least take it out of future commissions.

Budget based on the assumption that you will make zero commission and then any you do earn is gravy.

From everything I've read about it online, I'd be very nervous about this. But good luck, my friend.

There are no chargebacks, no monthly quotas, and no persistency requirement.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #286 on: July 28, 2010, 12:13:03 AM »

Oh, and the wedding plans will NOT be postponed, at least for now!!!!
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #287 on: July 28, 2010, 01:36:26 AM »

http://www.ripoffreport.com/Alternative-Health/AmeriPlan-USA/ameriplan-usa-took-away-my-bro-ceje3.htm

http://www.articlesbase.com/home-business-articles/is-ameriplan-a-scam-or-legit-opportunity-ameriplan-review-1454653.html

http://www.watchforscams.com/ameriplan_scam.html

There are also some positive reviews out there for what it's worth.

patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #288 on: July 28, 2010, 01:44:18 AM »

Best of Luck. 

Let me also preemptively say, NO, I would not like to hear about the benefits of Ameriplan. 
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #289 on: July 28, 2010, 02:11:05 AM »
« Edited: July 30, 2010, 01:35:57 PM by Assemblyman & Queen Mum Inks.LWC »

Meeker,

Your articles gave me a lot of confidence in this company.  I am going to do my best to make this work, because my fiancee' depends on it.

Also, I'm not going to say anything of the benefits of my company initially, all I will do is point them to my website.  Then, if they want to know more, I will point them to my supervisor and if not, that's fine, too.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #290 on: July 28, 2010, 07:41:01 AM »

The median wage in the US is apparently about $26 000. That would be $14-15 per hour based on an average work year of 1777 hours (which is what wikipedia tells me).

So, Opebo is living in fantasyland as usual.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #291 on: July 28, 2010, 08:00:06 AM »

Meeker,

Your articles gave me a lot of confidence in this company.

How? Did you see his last link?

"Ameriplan is a MLM business opportunity and shares most of the characteristics of network marketing.

The success factor in network marketing is all about leverage as it works on geometric expansion.

You can leverage your time and increase the number of hours of work effort on which you can be paid by sponsoring other people and earning an income off their efforts.

All MLM/network marketing models require distributors to buy in either through the purchase of products or special licenses. There is also a strong focus on not just the selling of the product, but also recruiting new distributors. There is often also a big push by upline members [the sellers above you] to purchase training materials and attend conferences. "

Did you read that?  WTF?
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #292 on: July 28, 2010, 08:02:26 AM »

I don't think he read them... Sounds like a pryamid to me..
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #293 on: July 28, 2010, 08:06:20 AM »
« Edited: July 28, 2010, 08:27:28 AM by Grumpy Gramps »

Bushie says guaranteed no MLM and no chargebacks.......that's not what the last link says.  I mean what kind of sh**tty research is he doing?  I remember hearing how he researched and left no stone unturned for the ON company......ha.   When you're blind, you don't see what's right there.  He owes Meeker, big time.  Each of the links tells the real tale - scam.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #294 on: July 28, 2010, 08:39:40 AM »

Jeff, have you done sales before of this kind? It's very different from marketing or any other job where you put in your work and you get a salary. You can work very hard but if it isn't something you are good at, you will find yourself out of a job and with less money than when you started. That $600/week will be withdrawn. Perhaps you'll turn to friends and family and sell to them first before reaching that point, and it will destroy your relationships with them. Do you believe in the product AmeriPlan sells? What about the reports all over the web about how hard it is to use and how much it costs for what you get? You need to be able to address that before you can sell it to others in good faith.

I have to wish you good luck in this, but I am not optimistic that this will turn out to be a real job.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #295 on: July 28, 2010, 08:42:37 AM »
« Edited: July 28, 2010, 08:46:41 AM by brittain33 »

Bushie says guaranteed no MLM and no chargebacks.......that's not what the last link says.  I mean what kind of sh**tty research is he doing?  I remember hearing how he researched and left no stone unturned for the ON company......ha.   When you're blind, you don't see what's right there.  He owes Meeker, big time.  Each of the links tells the real tale - scam.

I just hope that he stops himself before approaching his family and his fiancee's family to buy AmeriPlan memberships because his supervisor is using these "supportive" phone calls to abuse him for not providing the sales he needs, and the wedding is coming up. I don't know if he'll listen, though.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #296 on: July 28, 2010, 08:52:46 AM »

Considering the demographics of the forum, I'm mildly surprised we've never had a thread where one of our teenaged posters starts regaling us with the wonders of Cutco knives.  Only a matter of time, I suppose.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #297 on: July 28, 2010, 09:13:16 AM »

This thread is getting depressing.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #298 on: July 28, 2010, 09:15:41 AM »

Considering the demographics of the forum, I'm mildly surprised we've never had a thread where one of our teenaged posters starts regaling us with the wonders of Cutco knives.  Only a matter of time, I suppose.

I have a set of those! I wouldn't be caught selling them any time soon, but they are damn good knives.

Jeff, have you done sales before of this kind? It's very different from marketing or any other job where you put in your work and you get a salary. You can work very hard but if it isn't something you are good at, you will find yourself out of a job and with less money than when you started. That $600/week will be withdrawn. Perhaps you'll turn to friends and family and sell to them first before reaching that point, and it will destroy your relationships with them. Do you believe in the product AmeriPlan sells? What about the reports all over the web about how hard it is to use and how much it costs for what you get? You need to be able to address that before you can sell it to others in good faith.

I have to wish you good luck in this, but I am not optimistic that this will turn out to be a real job.

At the very least, this one isn't money laundering! BushOK made it sound as if there was a guarantee with this, and hopefully that's not the "average IBO makes $600 a week" guarantee. He'll have to get that all figured out. His descriptions thus far have made it seem like he'll be helping someone else who's doing it ... but I may be misinterpreting the standard MLM speak.

Jeff, brittain is right -- sales is tough. It is the most challenging job I've ever done and is consistently disappointing and stressful ... and I'm selling something I believe in 100 percent! But there are some people who are just wired for it. If that's you, you might be able to make a go of this. If not, it can be miserable.

Let us know what you find out about the weekly pay ... is it guaranteed and not dependent on sales?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #299 on: July 28, 2010, 09:17:08 AM »

Bushie says guaranteed no MLM and no chargebacks.......that's not what the last link says.  I mean what kind of sh**tty research is he doing?  I remember hearing how he researched and left no stone unturned for the ON company......ha.   When you're blind, you don't see what's right there.  He owes Meeker, big time.  Each of the links tells the real tale - scam.

They had the words NO CHARGEBACKS written in big letters on their presentation.  They also had NO MONTHLY QUOTAS and NO PERSISTENCY REQUIREMENTS.  Now, the last article did mention that if the customer backs out you would not receive income from him anymore, which is true.  A chargeback means you would have to pay back ALL the premiums he paid, which is not the case.

Anyhew, I've got another interview this morning at 11:15, so I'm going to see what it's all about and then weigh apples to apples.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies