Father to Chris Christie: Please don't let my daughter die, Governor (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 05:14:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Father to Chris Christie: Please don't let my daughter die, Governor (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Father to Chris Christie: Please don't let my daughter die, Governor  (Read 4066 times)
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« on: August 15, 2013, 07:26:08 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hur44WHYQ9w
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 07:34:50 PM »

I read about this. Hopefully he's not worried about GOP primary implications. The GOP could be ahead of the Dems on pot before long. Christie strikes me as someone who should realize this.

Indeed, and if he's willing to let a young girl die to boost his GOP street cred, that should say a lot.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 09:20:27 PM »

His daughter suffers severe seizures, which puts her at risk of dying.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 11:39:57 AM »

It's unfortunate that this girl has such a terrible ailment, but marijuana is not the only thing that will save her life

Yes, actually, marijuana is the only thing that will save her life. No one goes to medical marijuana as a first-line treatment for a 6-year-old. These parents seek out medical marijuana because literally everything else they have tried has failed.

Besides, the alternative treatment consists of brutally addictive barbiturates and benzodiazepines. Is that really better?

Plus, if medical marijuana were not the only thing that could save her life, would they threaten to move to Colorado to have better access to it when there are other things available?  If I had a child with this horrible condition and my state didn't offer marijuana for medical use, I'd risk prison if it meant saving his or her life.

The naysayers really don't think these things through.  I doubt most of them have read a lick of research on this subject and just buy into the same baseless propaganda that's floated around for the last seventy years.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 12:36:06 PM »

It's unfortunate that this girl has such a terrible ailment, but marijuana is not the only thing that will save her life

Yes, actually, marijuana is the only thing that will save her life. No one goes to medical marijuana as a first-line treatment for a 6-year-old. These parents seek out medical marijuana because literally everything else they have tried has failed.

Besides, the alternative treatment consists of brutally addictive barbiturates and benzodiazepines. Is that really better?

Plus, if medical marijuana were not the only thing that could save her life, would they threaten to move to Colorado to have better access to it when there are other things available?  If I had a child with this horrible condition and my state didn't offer marijuana for medical use, I'd risk prison if it meant saving his or her life.

The naysayers really don't think these things through.  I doubt most of them have read a lick of research on this subject and just buy into the same baseless propaganda that's floated around for the last seventy years.

If it is the only thing that'll save her life, why haven't they already moved to Colorado (or some other place they can legally get it) already.  (And I say this as someone who has been a proponent of legalization for a long time.)

Because some people can't just move to what ever state they want at any given time for a number of reasons?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 12:57:55 PM »

If it is the only thing that'll save her life, why haven't they already moved to Colorado (or some other place they can legally get it) already.  (And I say this as someone who has been a proponent of legalization for a long time.)

Because some people can't just move to what ever state they want at any given time for a number of reasons?

The father has already said they'll move to Colorado if it is vetoed.

...Right, so they wouldn't have to move if it is signed.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2013, 03:00:08 PM »

Bollocks.  I'll admit that doing so would be inconvenient and quite possibly painful financially depending on how they went about doing it, but to save the life of my child I'd certainly do it.  Clearly he either doesn't believe it's essential to his daughter not dying or he's breaking the law and procuring it for her anyway, hopefully the latter in this case.  But even then, he should be doing that only as a stopgap measure until they move.  Gambling with jail and/or my child's life that the law will be changed when there is an alternative is a profoundly stupid thing to do.

Um, excuse me.  Do you know this family personally?  Are you involved in this family's situation?  No?  Then shut up, and stop judging.  It's easy to say what you would do since you're not in this situation.  If I had no alternatives, I would do it, but I'm not going to criticize this family for trying to obtain medical marijuana in a state where it could be readily and legally available to them at the stroke of a pen.  It's not like they can just cross over to Delaware and boom, instant weed.  No.  Colorado is quite far from New Jersey, so it's a little more complicated than just hopping on a plane.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2013, 03:05:50 PM »

Well, Christie will allow Medical Pot for Children, just breaking.

Yeah, he's going to approve the bill only if some (unnecessary) changes are made to it.  Hopefully that doesn't take longer than a day for the legislature to approve.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies