Biden: Romney will "put ya'll back in chains" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 09:26:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Biden: Romney will "put ya'll back in chains" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Biden: Romney will "put ya'll back in chains"  (Read 9624 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« on: August 14, 2012, 04:13:34 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/08/14/biden-romneys-wall-street-will-put-yall-back-in-chains/
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 04:28:59 PM »

Biden/Honeybadger 2016
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 04:47:26 PM »

Danville is on the VA/NC border. I'm sure there were plenty of North Carolinians in the audience, and it's been a well-known strategy that excess resources and virtually all volunteers from adjacent states (TN, GA, SC, VA) be directed to help out with the NC campaign via phone banking, canvassing, etc.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 04:50:17 PM »

Apparently the Democrat party isn't the party of the disabled.

I'd say we are, seeing as how we don't classify people who can just as effectively and fluently speak a language as you as "disabled".
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 05:54:02 PM »

Danville is on the VA/NC border. I'm sure there were plenty of North Carolinians in the audience, and it's been a well-known strategy that excess resources and virtually all volunteers from adjacent states (TN, GA, SC, VA) be directed to help out with the NC campaign via phone banking, canvassing, etc.

Considering that Virginia is a swing state that Obama really needs to win the election,  I doubt there will be many Virginians wasting their time trying to win a state that leans even more Republican.  They will focus on Virginia.

It's pretty clear that Biden was supposed to say Virginia.

My perspective is that if you're on the border of two swing states, and there's one swing state that is in your column by a bit and one that is out of your column by a bit, you would encourage people in the audience to help with the latter. Also, keep in mind that the area surrounding Danville is essentially a crap shoot for Democrats and not that heavily populated. Their efforts would be better given to North Carolina than Virginia at this point.

There's 10+ callbanks going on each week in Chattanooga, and the calls are not going out to TN or GA. I've received multiple emails urging me to make calls to NC. When I login to barackobama.com and select my state, followed by the 'Make Calls' feature, I'm directed to making calls to NC.

You could be right and it could simply be a gaffe, but I've seen a lot of postering from OFA to push virtually all Southern Democrats to help with the NC effort. Even if it is a gaffe, however, I don't consider it to be "incorrect".
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 03:29:07 PM »

Yawn. It gets tiresome.

What exactly has the democrat party done for the black man? Have they done anything at all?

Should it even matter? According to conservative talking points, aren't we supposed to be focused on the greater society at-large, as opposed to specific factions? After all, isn't the opposite at the core of why White America hates the Democratic Party so much? You know, because "we give them everything"? Can't have it both ways.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2012, 03:47:39 PM »
« Edited: August 15, 2012, 03:49:23 PM by IDS Legislator Griffin »

Only if one believes that the Democrats have the best interests of black people in mind. They don't, that's the problem.

Only individuals or organizations - bound together by the significance of their own cause - can have their own best interests in mind. Parties - in particular the big tent Democratic Party - cannot be tasked with handling the sole interests of any one group of people and expect to have the desired result. With that being said, I believe the modern Democratic Party has provided more opportunity for African-Americans to achieve those results than the modern Republican Party.

Obama's policies have put more black men out of work than at any time since the Great Depression. Would it not be safe to say that the Democrats really don't like black people all that much?

I don't agree with your premise, but for argument's sake, Obama's policies have put more white men out of work than at any time since the Great Depression, along with black men, white women, black women, etc. The fundamentals of this impacted everyone, and obviously impacted those who were already hurting disproportionately.

We could also discuss how the Republicans' policies of cutting government assistance would put more already-hurting African-Americans out of shelter and food, but that's not convenient to discuss in this context, I suppose.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies