How did these people vote? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 12:49:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  How did these people vote? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How did these people vote?  (Read 17196 times)
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« on: April 26, 2010, 01:40:56 PM »

My comments are too controversial to post here in regards to the voting groups being talked about.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 05:54:46 PM »

What about ppl who are left handed? I also wondered about ppl with yellow cars?
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 10:47:12 PM »

I'm left handed ty lol. Actually I'm ambidextrous. I eat and use a fork with my left as well as throw and play hockey and write. My right hand is for golf and I kick right footed.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 04:52:17 PM »

Haha my point is that it is very elitist to divide ppl up into groups and look at how they vote. It's like Obama divides us up into groups to be managed by the ruling class.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2010, 04:37:13 PM »

my point is that it is highly elitist to divide ppl into groups that you think they "belong" to and study them as if they are an object. Obama loved doing that before running for president and still does.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2010, 04:44:14 PM »

my point is that it is highly elitist to divide ppl into groups that you think they "belong" to and study them as if they are an object. Obama loved doing that before running for president and still does.

Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2010, 03:14:16 AM »

What about ppl who are left handed? I also wondered about ppl with yellow cars?

Left handers seem to be more intelligent. Just sayin' Wink

Very true.

I'm a lefty. lol
and so is Obama.

so was Bush Jr.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2010, 03:20:42 AM »

LOL I have no idea about this one, but what makes you think they are so Republican? Remember that alcoholics include many minority groups such as African Americans, and especially Native Americans.

Yes, but numerically, there are much more whites who drink alcohol than minorities. Maybe my numbers were a little overinflated by there are a lot of Southern and Western whites who drink a lot. Maybe a better number would be 67-33% McCain.

So white automatically equals Republican?
You do realize that there are a lot of white cutural drinkers in places like South Boston and Butte who are extremely Democratic in their voting nature?

Southern Whites drink much more than other whites, and they are overwhelmingly Republican. Also, I'm not sure I would classify cultural drinkers (or at least many of them) as alcholics, sicne many of them just drink  occasionally, not on an everyday basis.
[/quote]

Remember how I explained my learning experience from a DUI and said that Bush should've done the same thing in 2000. It's not how much you drink or how often. It's how you drink. Alcoholics have tendencies to drink by themselves, drink because they're bored, drink to escape depression, take their minds off of things, and gain confidence. They actually become dependent on alcohol. A guy from the south who drinks with his friends every night after work is nothing more than a stereotype and I find it grossly offensive. You might as well throw out other stereotypes about blacks, Jews, and gays. Drinking is part of the southern and western culture in the same way that it's part of Irish and Italian cultures and I'm sure the majority of the latter 2 didn't vote for McCain. Overall maybe alcoholics did vote for McCain. I know I did. What does that matter and where are you getting at?
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2010, 10:32:56 PM »

Who is Rouchambeau and what about it is wishful thinking?
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2010, 11:30:54 PM »

How did dog owners vote?
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2010, 11:10:53 PM »

see I don't have any pets but would own a dog in the next couple years.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2010, 12:55:27 AM »

Irish: 55 Obama
English: 51 Obama
German: 57 McCain
Polish: 68 McCain
Italian: 67 McCain
Scottish: 55 Obama
French: 57 Obama
Greek: 60 McCain
Russian: 71 McCain
African: 99 Obama

I think Italians are a roughly 50-50 voting bloc. Also, African is 95%, not 99%.

See the Italians I've known have been very Democratic but not liberal. In Pittsburgh we get alot of steel working democrats or lunch bucket dems who are Italian, German, Polish, Irish, and Greek by ancestry.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2010, 11:29:10 AM »

that's true, Walmart is Republican on the outside but democrat on the inside
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies