County Map
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 11:28:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  County Map
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: County Map  (Read 4922 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: December 18, 2004, 01:25:28 PM »

Seeing as there was no Republican candidate in the D1 election that's impossible.
Anyhow I have to fudge a few things to make the map look... er... sane... I can give Supersoulty Bucks, Montgomery and Delaware 'tho.

Oh, that's right. Super has his own party.

I'm still kind of confused as to how you're doing this. Why can you give Bucks, Montco and Delaware to him?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #76 on: December 18, 2004, 01:48:21 PM »

Seeing as there was no Republican candidate in the D1 election that's impossible.
Anyhow I have to fudge a few things to make the map look... er... sane... I can give Supersoulty Bucks, Montgomery and Delaware 'tho.

I'm still kind of confused as to how you're doing this. Why can you give Bucks, Montco and Delaware to him?

Because they're competative in real life basically. Problem with Philly is that it's most definately not competative in real life and has a very, very large population. This means that for the map to look possible whatwith population (which I'm refusing to ignore) I have to switch a load of counties in the rest of the district. Problem is as Supersoulty is from the "T" originally he's sweeping most of the non-metro parts of the district (on my provisional map the only counties he's losing in PA outside metro-Philly are Lackawanna and Allegheny).

There will be a few ironic results in t'map tho... in D5 Gabu is getting most of the counties on the Canadian border Wink
---
If that was garbeled the map should make more sense
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #77 on: December 18, 2004, 01:49:49 PM »

Because they're competative in real life basically. Problem with Philly is that it's most definately not competative in real life and has a very, very large population. This means that for the map to look possible whatwith population (which I'm refusing to ignore) I have to switch a load of counties in the rest of the district. Problem is as Supersoulty is from the "T" originally he's sweeping most of the non-metro parts of the district (on my provisional map the only counties he's losing in PA outside metro-Philly are Lackawanna and Allegheny).

There will be a few ironic results in t'map tho... in D5 Gabu is getting most of the counties on the Canadian border Wink
---
If that was garbeled the map should make more sense

Ok. I'll have to see what it looks like then I'll give me opinion.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #78 on: December 18, 2004, 03:38:46 PM »

It's gonna be awesome Al.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #79 on: December 18, 2004, 03:58:28 PM »

Map nearly done (I've got D4 to finish. Again. And that's it).
Should be up tomorrow
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #80 on: December 18, 2004, 05:07:57 PM »

I think you're doing this the right way Al...to confirm, you're doing them the same as I used to do my presidnetial maps, right? That is, factor in the stands, party traditions and homes of prominent people, but otherwise leave populations and political alignments the way they are in RL?

Btw, I'd like for my parties to have orange. Smiley The colour of Junilistan and Yuschenko. Smiley
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #81 on: December 18, 2004, 06:55:18 PM »

Who are you going to give Alleghany County to Al?
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #82 on: December 19, 2004, 12:56:06 AM »

Are you talking about Pennsylvania?  If you are, I think it will go whichever way I voted.  I think I'm the only one from AlleghEny county.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #83 on: December 19, 2004, 02:07:17 AM »

Are you talking about Pennsylvania?  If you are, I think it will go whichever way I voted.  I think I'm the only one from AlleghEny county.

Colin is from Allegheny and I think SuperSoulty is too
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #84 on: December 19, 2004, 02:16:12 AM »

Colin is from Allegheny and I think SuperSoulty is too

I'm from Erie county.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #85 on: December 19, 2004, 03:23:17 AM »

I think you're doing this the right way Al...to confirm, you're doing them the same as I used to do my presidnetial maps, right? That is, factor in the stands, party traditions and homes of prominent people, but otherwise leave populations and political alignments the way they are in RL?

More-or-less. But with added irony :-)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #86 on: December 19, 2004, 03:25:44 AM »

When can we expect these maps, Al?  Not to be pushy or anything.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #87 on: December 19, 2004, 03:50:00 AM »

When can we expect these maps, Al?  Not to be pushy or anything.

Today
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #88 on: December 19, 2004, 07:16:52 AM »

O.K... nearly done now... in an attempt to stop a few heart attacks here's a few warnings of apparently strange county results:

D1: There aren't any. Bulldog wins the Big Cities, except for Buffalo and Rochester. Oh and Erie as well Wink Supersoulty takes the rest.

D2: Badnarikin04 does well in the suburbs, Southern NH and Western Maryland.

D3: For the purposes of this map, Texasgurl is only on the ballot in Wisconsin, where she wins all the counties except for Milwaukee, Menominee and 4 on Lake Superior.

D4: Harry does best in the Deep South, WMS in Texas, Florida and New Mexico.
Weird county results: WMS wins most of the Memphis Metro (including Shelby county) and does extremely well in the Rio Grande part of Texas. Harry wins a couple of white rural counties in TX.
WMS wins every county in New Mexico, Harry wins all but 5 in Mississippi.

D5: Atlasian political reality means that StevenNick sweeps Southern California (including L.A county). As a result of this, I've had to make Gabu do well in rural areas in the rest of the district. Gabu wins a majority of the counties on the Canadian border and the Pacific coast. Because of PBrunsel, StevenNick does unusually well in several normally Democratic counties in Eastern Iowa. But because I'm warped there are some weird results all over Iowa.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #89 on: December 19, 2004, 07:19:20 AM »

hurry up then Cheesy
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies