The Sam Spade Memorial Good Post Gallery (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 05:25:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Sam Spade Memorial Good Post Gallery (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Sam Spade Memorial Good Post Gallery  (Read 92181 times)
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: February 18, 2017, 02:06:00 AM »

Generic platitudes about muh commies are now the height of hindsight, according to the still hilariously-named BRTD. Roll Eyes

There's two things that made me completely turn against communism:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?action=profile;u=6976;sa=showPosts
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?action=profile;u=6269;sa=showPosts

And of course a realization that if there was any value to Marxism whatsoever, then why does no one except for edgy teenagers and college kids support it today?

If there was any value to hipster Christianity whatsoever, then why does no one except for hipsters practice it?

My lead pastor is a 45-year old father of two who lives in Edina.

Exactly, and the point you made is similarly silly.

So Marxists exist today who aren't Snowstalker-ish edgelords, people who casually talk about genocide and gulags as something completely necessary and OK and/or can only communicate in unreadably dense walls of text? Then why are they virtually impossible to find? I mean you'd think this forum with its wide variety of ideologies would attract at least a few.

None of this has anything to do with how terrible Italian communists circa 1948 were of course.

You are out of your element Donny (Dude/BRTD)

Pray tell how terrible the Italian Communists were in '48?

So look at a country where the Italian Communists were the only political movement actively engaged in the armed struggle against a brutal Fascist regime for decades, over ten years prior to the rise of the Nazis in Germany....

Sure, there were a few brutal incidents in several provinces of Italy against Fascists and collaborators, in areas that had experienced mass brutality and and genocide.... does it make it right, no.

Meanwhile you have the US/UK secret intelligence agencies that subverted the first Post WW II "Free Elections" in Italy, that basically turned the levers of power over to our "allies" that allowed the rise of the Mafia, and breaking the backs of the Communist Dock Workers in the Port Cities of Marseilles and Naples, essentially created the biggest criminal cartel network that Europe had ever experienced.....

I would recommend checking out the movie "The French Connection" and I can certainly provide you with links to academic books that describe this in much more extensive detail...

Based upon some of your comments regarding US domestic politics, I assumed you were a well read individual, but quite frankly sir, your apologies for European Fascism/Nazism and trying to create a false moral equivalency based upon Minnesota social norms of 2017, is getting a bit tiring, and a true disservice to those that fought and died in Nazi and Fascist Europe during WW II.

NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 09:53:36 PM »

The best thing about Sam Spade was his name, based upon not only one of my favorite American Detectives of all time, but additionally the portrayal of Sam Spade in the classic Humphrey Bogart movie: "The Maltease Falcon"...

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies