Hillary will be a good President if her past is any indication.... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 06:45:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Hillary will be a good President if her past is any indication.... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hillary will be a good President if her past is any indication....  (Read 612 times)
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« on: July 04, 2016, 03:09:45 PM »

http://www.taxpayer.net/media-center/article/as-a-senator-hillary-clinton-got-along-with-the-gop.-could-she-do-so-as-pre

This article is a great read about how things were when Hillary was in the Senate. She worked to create friendships and good working relationships and had favorable ratings from both sides of the aisle. I believe that the qualities that she has already shown when she was in the Senate are the exact same qualities she would bring to the presidency....there is no reason to believe otherwise. In fact, Clinton won confirmation as Secretary of State by a vote of 94-2, which is quite telling of her popularity then.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 04:01:33 PM »

But I thought she was an unlikable sketchy bitch and nobody likes her and she has no friends and ewwww go back to Arkansas already, bitch!

- The high school sexist media

LOL!
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2016, 04:13:29 PM »

I don't think her Senate relationships are the issue - It's that she will now most likely be POTUS, and a roadblock to Ryan and McConnell's conservative agenda. I don't think they truly hated Obama either, but they attempted to discredit and destroy his legacy via obstruction just for partisan reasons.

My hope is that the GOP realizes that after 3 presidential election losses in a row, and losing the popular vote in the last 6/7 elections, that they will be more reasonable, but if not, I don't really expect them to be warmer to her. After all, this is the woman they just spent years tar and feathering over bs faux scandals. On the right, she is arguably hated as much as, if not more than Obama.

Anyway, we'll see

My opinion is that the GOP had a problem with Obama from the beginning because he was black, more that than for partisan reasons. I have no reason to believe otherwise.

Well, Hillary doesn't have that "problem". And I was mainly referring to the qualities that she already possesses and has used while in the Senate to reach across the aisle. She will bring the same qualities to the process as before. As the article stated, she lets things roll off her back, so the fact that the GOP has been "tar and feathering" her isn't going to change her approach. She's also been vilifying them as well in her campaign speeches.

I do expect Congress to work with her because she is not Obama, for one thing, and she has the personality to see to it that things get accomplished. If she needs to compromise, she certainly knows how to do that.

But yes, we'll see.

Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 02:48:13 AM »

Her past is indication that Hillary will be a terrible president, one of the worst ever.

You forget that no President operates as an island. There is Congress to deal with and many many wise people to listen to for advice. Many people make decisions in an administration. Hillary is just one voice, but her voice is one that has a tendency to get along well with others, a self-admitted policy wonk who puts her nose to the grindstone and gets things done. She learns from her mistakes and continues to move forward. She has a level head on her shoulders, unlike Trump who is mentally unstable. Sure he's entertaining, but that's not what I'm looking for in a President.

It's easy to buy into all the negative hype about Hillary, but that's the easy way out. Do a little research from credible sources and you will find there is a lot to like about her. But I realize that most people have made up their mind about her and that's that.

But like it or not, she is likely to be our next President, so brace yourself to get pleasantly surprised at how well she does the job. Wink
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2016, 11:45:39 AM »

It's easy to buy into all the negative hype about Hillary, but that's the easy way out. Do a little research from credible sources and you will find there is a lot to like about her. But I realize that most people have made up their mind about her and that's that.

Actually, the more people read about her, the more reasons they find to hate her.

I doubt it. There is plenty of information out there on Hillary's work that is very commendable. People see what they want to see about her and that's the level they are stuck on.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies