Trump goes one step too far (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 08:46:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump goes one step too far (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump goes one step too far  (Read 11063 times)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« on: July 18, 2015, 04:40:44 PM »

Trump is right. McCain is a despicable fraud, who was only in that plane because his daddy was an admiral, who has built his entire career on his POW status, and has used his power to do nothing but advocate for more wars and attack soldiers and veterans.  Glad someone is finally calling him out. Of course his fanboys in the beltway press will coming running to his defense.

Also hilarious what the mainstream media's priorities are: attacking the first black president? meh. Calling Mexicans rapists? eh. Insulting our beloved maverick JOHN MCCAIN? What an OUTRAGE

This is just more of Trump's "truth to power" schtick he riding. Its backfiring because even though its sort-of true, it's also a step too far.  All vets (except Chelsea Manning and Bowe Bergdhal) are Heroes(tm) because they are vets. Challenging our civic religion is still forbidden, it seems.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2015, 11:50:45 PM »

Remember this image of Romney getting off a plane in 2012

Obama's team used that footage in multiple ads. They never mentioned Trump by name but focus groups always picked up on it (which is why they kept using the footage). Merely getting off a plane next to Trump's plane helped drag down Mitt Romney. Now Trump has denigrated Hispanics and Veterans. Hillary already talks about Trump and lumps all the others in with him. You can be sure she will try to find a way to show the eventual nominee with Trump. People like Bush I'm sure dont want to be anywhere near Trump for fear of a pictures/videos of the two being used in the future.

Trump is now completely toxic for the general election. Not only that, for the GOP race he sucking up all the oxygen, thus denying lower tier candidates a chance (note Christie gets no bump). Yesterday the RNC even issued a statement denouncing him. The party wants him out. I'm not sure if they will be able to find a way but I am sure they are trying to find a way to get rid of him, with the major caveat that they are worried he will run 3rd party.

Trump's current run and associated infamy is the inevitable result the Republicans have been building to since Obama was elected. If they didn't want to turn their party into a sewer, then they shouldn't have spent years cheerleading whenever someone threw another shovelful of feces onto their bandwagon. If it wasn't Trump, it would be someone else.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015, 01:36:20 AM »

This is just more of Trump's "truth to power" schtick he riding. Its backfiring because even though its sort-of true, it's also a step too far.  All vets (except Chelsea Manning and Bowe Bergdhal) are Heroes(tm) because they are vets. Challenging our civic religion is still forbidden, it seems.

Those two are still more heroic than most Americans. At least they were soldiers at one point. You're just upset that Chris Kyle can't run for Senator from Tejas to replace Cornyn, you must be devastated.

That was supposed to be sarcasm, indicated by the (tm). (Sometimes this site really could use some emoticons.) I was trying to touch on the Orwell-like hypocrisy about how the Right considers that all members of the military are somehow heroes (no matter what they actually did: good, bad, or nothing ) except when they do something the Right doesn't like. Then their "soldiers are all heroes" line somehow evaporates like morning dew. Politically, I'm very far left, and a supporter of Manning and Bergdhal (and Snowden, Assange, Bryant and many more). 

I do think it would have been funny to watch Cornyn get primaried, though. Not that it would change anything.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies