Shirley Sherrod - USDA official who admits racism, resigns.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 06:36:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Shirley Sherrod - USDA official who admits racism, resigns.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Shirley Sherrod - USDA official who admits racism, resigns.  (Read 5430 times)
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2010, 06:57:45 AM »

The White House claims Vilsack moved on this, not them.

Vilsack is in the cabinet, and thus IS the white house.

No. He is part of the executive branch and works directly for Obama, but he runs his own department so he can take his own initiatives on issues that don't rise to the level of concerning either Obama or Obama's political staff. His office isn't in the West Wing, which is part of the White House. I do not take "the White House" to stand in for the entire Executive Branch, only the President and his West Wing staff.

This doesn't mean that the White House wasn't involved, but they're claiming they weren't.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2010, 11:09:47 PM »

If you read the full transcript you can see she says a lot of borderline things, especially considering her public position.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.americanrhetoric.com/speeches/shirleysherrodnaacpfreedom.htm
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2010, 08:08:44 AM »

I'm really very glad that I dropped off the entire radar to work on a presentation today when this whole stupid Sherrod thing hit.  I was reading my phone on the subway home after it was all mostly over and saw the entire stupid controversy unfold backwards on the blogs I had preloaded.

Andrew Breitbart needs better sources

http://biggovernment.com/jdunetz/2010/07/20/naacp-blames-fox-and-breitbart-for-the-naacps-overreaction-to-shirley-sherrod-video/#more-146838

Hate to break it to you Lunar but apparently the NAACP had access to the entire length of the tape and didn't even bother to review it before reading Sherrod the riot act. The NAACP are the ones that dropped the ball.

I have to agree and I would note that Fox commentators, like Beck, were supportive of Sherrod. 
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2010, 10:35:16 AM »

This is ghastly. Has she got her job back yet? Will the tools responsible consider their positions?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2010, 10:37:24 AM »

This is ghastly. Has she got her job back yet? Will the tools responsible consider their positions?

She has it back if she wants it.  Whether she does want it back isn't too clear.  And Vilsack is totally  safe, according to the Press Secretary.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2010, 11:27:39 AM »

And Vilsack is totally  safe, according to the Press Secretary.

Ah, I understand. Clearing his desk as we type.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2010, 11:31:05 AM »

Pathetic all around.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2010, 11:39:43 AM »

And Vilsack is totally  safe, according to the Press Secretary.

Ah, I understand. Clearing his desk as we type.

Probably not, but with someone else I'd probabl agree.  Gibbs' tacit support can be the kiss of death.
Earth

Political Matrix
E: -9.61, S: -9.83

« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2010, 11:58:47 AM »

Offensive nonsense to attribute 'racism' to one of the subject race.

Haha. The OP and now this. I love the tokenism.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2010, 12:12:42 PM »

Lol, joke administration.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2010, 03:35:51 PM »

Obama called her and made nice nice.  There's nothing more to see here folks.  All is well

(no stinking (c) info, live with it)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2010, 06:48:04 PM »

I'm really very glad that I dropped off the entire radar to work on a presentation today when this whole stupid Sherrod thing hit.  I was reading my phone on the subway home after it was all mostly over and saw the entire stupid controversy unfold backwards on the blogs I had preloaded.

http://biggovernment.com/jdunetz/2010/07/20/naacp-blames-fox-and-breitbart-for-the-naacps-overreaction-to-shirley-sherrod-video/#more-146838

Hate to break it to you Lunar but apparently the NAACP had access to the entire length of the tape and didn't even bother to review it before reading Sherrod the riot act. The NAACP are the ones that dropped the ball.

I have to agree and I would note that Fox commentators, like Beck, were supportive of Sherrod. 

You, I would note, are lying.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2010, 08:13:27 PM »

Damn you Marokai! I had the same links ready to go and you beatr me by just a couple hours! Wink
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2010, 08:19:03 PM »

Damn you Marokai! I had the same links ready to go and you beatr me by just a couple hours! Wink

That was feed from Fox on  Monday  What day is J. J. talking about before calling him a liar.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2010, 11:23:52 AM »

Beck didn't; he was going off on another conspiracy theory (executive order assassinations) the day she got axed.  The next day, he came on and was supportive of Sherrod, saying the remark should be taken in context.  I was surprised.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2010, 11:46:43 AM »

According to the feed, Sharrod had already resigned when Fox started covering it.
Ace0f5pades
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: -7.65

« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2010, 04:01:03 AM »

My favorite part of Fox's coverage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW5MKiETSrU#t=2m49s
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2010, 11:33:11 AM »

Now Sherrod is suing Breitbart and he still hasn't decided whether to go back to work?  Sounds like attention whoring now.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies