Election Tracker - NE Special (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 05:33:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Election Tracker - NE Special (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Election Tracker - NE Special  (Read 18021 times)
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« on: February 23, 2014, 09:41:33 PM »

Julio's however, is blatantly invalid, as it disparages a candidate for both Senate and Vice President outright.

How on Earth can you define as disparagement what Julio wrote-in about TNF's inability for pragmatism?

The Autonomous Left in the Midwestern Oblast is confident in the egregious wisdom of the Atlasian Electoral Authority, which will count the vote of comrade Julio as valid, as much his vote for President as his vote for Regional Senator. In other case, we will raise the most energetic protest before any attempt of limiting his freedom of speech.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 11:26:32 PM »

Well, Lumine could hypothetically email Dead0man and tell him to vote.

And TNF would win 14-13.

Now, it'd be 13-13 if deadOman casts his ballot for Lumine. I'm aware that someone could say that I am deliberately sabotaging the election by editing my ballot out of time. Anyway, I think it's not fair giving TNF the victory because Julio's vote doesn't count and, on the other hand, I was highly undecided before.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 11:36:56 PM »

That's a pretty fuсking ѕhitty thing to do to TNF.

It's nothing personal; I gave my first pref for TNF because I knew he would be extremely active and totally dedicated to his work. Lumine would be as good as TNF in that regard.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 12:04:31 AM »

Nowhere in the law does it say that the voter and the instructor cannot be the same person. And, frankly, it doesn't make much sense to punish someone for encouraging someone else to invalidate a vote but not for editing their own vote to achieve the same end.

I assume the possible consequences of my action, which I admit it has been rather unthinking. There wasn't an obscure motivation behind it.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 12:38:06 AM »

Well, guys, I want to apologise because it was an awful idea editing my vote. I feel sorry because I might have provoked a little drama and that wasn't my intention. I think it's better if I de-register myself as an Atlasian citizen for a couple of months, as a sort of self-punishment Wink

Velasco, I encourage you to lawyer up.
As a fellow Spaniard, I will pledge $10,000,000 of my own money to funding Velasco's legal council, should it prove necessary.

Thanks for the offer, anyway Wink

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies