What time will Hillary Clinton concede? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 09:21:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  What time will Hillary Clinton concede? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What time will Hillary Clinton concede?  (Read 4888 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« on: November 06, 2016, 05:09:01 PM »

IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2016, 05:17:55 PM »

Good one.

I'm expecting she will "concede" in 2024 after her terms are up.

If she is elected, she will only be serving one term if she survives through it.

Until people like you totally screw up the 2020 nominee and pick either Trump again or someone as worthless as him and she wins again. I have little faith in the party to pick someone who can win (Kaisich, Rubio, etc).

I don't see either of them as particulary strong candidate. Rubio was pretty much a huge dud, while Kasich... when Trump loses, all many Republican voters will remember come 2020 is "Kasich helped Hillary get elected by not backing the nominee."

Both would have done much better than Trump this year. Kasich would have almost certainly won, not sure about Rubio (but he probably would have won as well).

I supported Kasich, but I will never do so again. He was too moderate to win any states in the primary, who knows how he would have done in the general election. Nominating moderates hasn't gotten the party very far in past years (2008, 2012).

Probably because neither of them were moderates.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2016, 05:41:39 PM »

11:30PM on November 3rd 2020, after the networks call NH for Marco Rubio, placing him above 270 EV.  

A climate denier isn't gonna win in 2020...maybe if he changes his position

Americans don't vote based on issues.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2016, 05:47:58 PM »

Americans don't vote based on issues.

Lol, there is truth to that. Every once in a while we do though (1860, 1932). I think the problem will be serious enough by then that denialism will be disqualifying. We'll see

I'm pretty sure Reince Priebus and Donald Trump could personally slaughter the family of every Republican in the country, and 90%+ of them would continue to dutifully vote straight ticket R in every election afterward. "The Demoncrats are worse! They probably would've killed me too!"
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2016, 05:49:03 PM »

Both Rubio and Kasich are probably damaged goods in 2020, but I believe that either of them would have defeated Clinton this year.  (Cruz, probably not.)  The point is that the GOP needs to nominate a candidate who doesn't immediately alienate large segments of the electorate.

And who might that be? Any suggestions?

Kasich or Sandoval would've thumped Hillary.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies