The Lief Reservoir of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 10:50:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Lief Reservoir of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Lief Reservoir of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners  (Read 231116 times)
TheLeftwardTide
« on: August 26, 2017, 07:05:28 PM »

Christ this thread is an offensive garbage fire. Going after folks' home states as opposed to their ideology is laughably immature, there is not a single state that you can generalize as being "scum". Next time, consider going after the individual and not the other 4.86 million Alabamans.

Furthermore, "jokes" like this really ought to turn your stomach. You shouldn't wish that a person had been retroactively aborted simply because the person they turned out to be was a racist jackwagon. As someone who's mother seriously considered abortion when she was pregnant with me, these casual kind of comments sting a lot more than they should.

Actually a really good post. It sucks because I generally agree with publicunofficial and Mondale, but they really let the s--t hit the fan in that thread.
TheLeftwardTide
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 09:03:15 PM »

This is the start of generation z. They've never lived without the internet, they've grown up in an extremely safe world - and many now view words as violent. I do not know how we can stop this nonsense.

They are sheltered little snowflakes and they will be dealt with in a rough fashion in the real world. No one cares about your feelings. I don't care if you are black or gay or whatever.

Try again. Defending free speech doesn't mean we shouldn't care about others' feelings. It means that sometimes, hurt feelings are a price that need to be paid for freedom.
TheLeftwardTide
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 01:23:21 AM »

I find it funny how grown ass adults are not to be given any personal responsibility for their sh*t voting. Hillary coming on the stump repeating the same stuff you heard her say on tv would have made you vote for her? LOL. No. You knew what both candidates were about and made your decision to vote or not vote accordingly.

Ah yes, the good old "personal responsibility" line. Because when people buy into a fraud, it's obviously their fault...right...? Totally not the scammer's fault...

This further strengthens a major suspicion of mine; that at least some staunch Clintonites are, philosophically speaking, more in line with conservatives than progressives. You can see this in the way that they write off the white working class as "racist trailer trash" or whatever.

I'm not suggesting that every Trump voter is blameless, but rather that it isn't this black-and-white, and that this method of thinking is largely conservative.
TheLeftwardTide
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 10:56:48 PM »

because a lot of Bernie supporters (myself included) aren't wild about [Tulsi Gabbard] either. It's really just a small but vocal following that she has.
TheLeftwardTide
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2018, 09:46:41 PM »

All the idiot celebrities who enable the anti-vaxxers, flat earthers, etc.

The anti-vaxxers, definitely.  If they can blame vaccines for kids birth defects,  they can avoid getting real about their own lifestyles while pregnant, and especially their marijuana use in early pregnancy.

Bashing anti-vaxxers is low-hanging fruit, but this is still really good.
TheLeftwardTide
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2018, 09:40:06 PM »

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies