The last movie you've seen thread 2016 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 01:53:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  The last movie you've seen thread 2016 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The last movie you've seen thread 2016  (Read 57100 times)
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« on: August 29, 2014, 07:16:28 PM »

17 filles

Been aired on arte recently.

It's about the true story of about 15 French girls who were in the same high-school and who decided to become pregnant all in the same time after one of them decided to keep one she had by accident.

I quite liked how it managed to be both quite realistic about French teenagers without being either boring or heavy (which is often the case with French movies that tries to be realistic), nor moralistic, and the talk about the emptyness of 'modern society' wasn't unpleasant either.

Haven't been disappointed and even rewatched it through the repeat the day after.

Also, what I felt after having seen it was it definitely should be the movie to watch after Virgin suicides, that latter, and overall the end, did let me a rather unpleasant taste in the mouth...

Not unpleasant soundtrack in both cases anyways (definitely venenous for Virgins, done by French guys indeed, as all decent electro music Grin).
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2016, 04:57:30 PM »

Apparently '2014 and 2015' also makes it to 2016.

Well, just finished Avatar, on TF1 (biggest French TV, which I get on, well, smartphone).

Had never seen it, and I would lie if I said my mind could intellectually be caught by that.

Well, as expected, quite classical à l'Américaine movie. All very classical, characters, schemes, way to develop the story, all the recipe of the American sauce is here.

I've been relatively impressed by facial technology of animation eventually.

I guess a good movie for kids under 10 though, not bad to make them sensible to ecology maybe.

I particularly liked the precise plot, about vegetal communication, it's good to be this so often forgotten, while more and more scientifically documented, topic raised into something mass public.

Lol, now there is Leathal Weapon 2 on TF1, liked it as a kid, and tomorrow afternoon Forrest Gump.

[/Easter TV]
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies