Christie to launch PAC today
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 04:20:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Christie to launch PAC today
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Christie to launch PAC today  (Read 969 times)
OldDominion
Rookie
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 26, 2015, 03:28:15 PM »
« edited: January 26, 2015, 05:07:13 PM by OldDominion »

USA POLITICS
Chris Christie takes big 2016 step. How has that process reshaped him?

Gov. Chris Christie punctuated a weekend of political stumping at the Iowa Freedom Summit with the launch of a political-action committee Monday.
By Harry Bruinius, Staff writer  

JANUARY 26, 2015
NEW YORK — In-your-face Republican moderate Chris Christie has taken his most dramatic step to date in his likely quest for the American presidency. Governor Christie, who has dominated New Jersey’s ultra-blue halls of power for more than five years, launched a special political-action committee Monday, hiring a number of the country’s top political fundraisers and laying plans for a cross-country campaign for cash.

csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/2015/0126/Chris-Christie-takes-big-2016-step.-How-has-that-process-reshaped-him

----

Looks like the big guy is going all in.  I am mixed on this. Last cycle he was the be all, end all savior for the GOP but not so much this time, esp with the scandals and the Jersey attitude. I think he'll make it to ST but flame out soon after. PAC site leadershipmattersforamerica.org/
dmmidmi
dmwestmi
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 04:24:57 PM »

I'm guessing there's a 30-35% chance he doesn't run. You know--he has kids, could have health issues, has gotten slandered in the press, and he might just be through campaigning.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 04:59:48 PM »

Generic corrupt politician. Opportunistic pig. Vile trash. Did I miss anything?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2015, 05:03:31 PM »

It's called Leadership Matters For America. Very interesting that Christie chose to name his PAC after beloved EDM rap duo LMFAO.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2015, 06:03:55 PM »

It's called Leadership Matters For America. Very interesting that Christie chose to name his PAC after beloved EDM rap duo LMFAO.

A shot across the bow of the Romney campaign no doubt.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/lmfaos-sky-blu-and-mitt-romney-scuffle-on-flight-to-l-a-20100219
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix
E: 10.00, S: -4.26

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2015, 10:05:39 PM »
« Edited: January 26, 2015, 10:08:33 PM by Jerseyrules »

Generic corrupt politician. Opportunistic pig. Vile trash. Did I miss anything?

Seriously?  I can't understand how personal the attacks on this board are.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2015, 11:47:57 AM »
« Edited: January 27, 2015, 01:14:27 PM by Mehmentum »

At this point, I think that the likes of Cruz have a better chance than Christie.  (I'm not saying that Cruz has an especially high chance of winning, just that Christie's chances have collapsed completely).

1.)  He is the least liked candidate.  He's even worse off than Cruz.

2.) Between Bush and Romney, there isn't room for him either in the electorate or in fundraising.

3.) He lacks discipline, he's likely make gaffes.
FDRDUTCH

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2015, 12:39:10 PM »

At this point, I think that the likes of Cruz have a better chance than Christie.  (I'm not saying that Cruz has an especially high chance of winning, just that Christie's chances have collapsed completely).

1.)  He is least liked candidate.  He's even worse off than Cruz.

2.) Between Bush and Romney, there isn't room for him either in the electorate or in fundraising.

This is good analysis. 1 year ago I thought for sure Christie would be the nominee, even after the Bridge -episode, but he's done little to repair his reputation and his perception as a bully is going to hurt him, I think, especially in places like Iowa and New Hampshire. I think he'll be this cycles Rudy Giuliani. Overhyped and early fizzle. A field with Mitt Romney and Jeb Bush will suck up all the establishment/moderate money and influence.
ShadowRocket
cb48026

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2015, 03:33:32 PM »

At this point, I think that the likes of Cruz have a better chance than Christie.  (I'm not saying that Cruz has an especially high chance of winning, just that Christie's chances have collapsed completely).

1.)  He is the least liked candidate.  He's even worse off than Cruz.

I think his best hope is a scenario where Romney doesn't run and Jeb proves to be a paper tiger. Barring that, I'd agree that his path to the nomination is narrow.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies