Do you personally know a Muslim IRL? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 05:54:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Do you personally know a Muslim IRL? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: -skip-
Yes

No

Possibly

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 155

Author Topic: Do you personally know a Muslim IRL?  (Read 9945 times)
ingemann
YaBB God

« on: February 04, 2016, 03:44:24 PM »

Yes I work with several, and none of those have lowered my opinion of Muslims as a group.

Of course as a rule I don't base my opinions about group on single individuals, because some people are just assholes, but at the same time I sometimes make a exceptiona. I have studied with Muslims, where I blamed the fact they was awful people on their religion and culture, some of them would likely have been awful people anyway, but they would have been awful in different ways (there's a cultural significant difference when you listen to a American misogynist, a Danish misogynist and a Turkish misogynist). As for how many Muslims I have interacted with all in all, well my guess are in the thousands, I live in a area where 10-20% of the population are Muslim.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2021, 07:16:14 PM »
« Edited: April 09, 2021, 07:20:23 PM by ingemann »

I'm curious, have you actually met and know any Muslims? If so did it change your perception of Muslims?

Yes, and it changed my view of them for the worse, and no it’s not just because of a single person I know a lot of Muslims. Of course it doesn’t help that they can’t help sharing their awful views on everything, especially if you simply just listen to them and don’t interrupt while they tell you about the global conspiracy of Jews running everything or their “super enlighten” views on women or sexual minorities.

Edit: I saw I had answered this one earlier, this is my perspective now.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies