Fascist pigs kill father for holding an air gun (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 01:23:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Fascist pigs kill father for holding an air gun (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fascist pigs kill father for holding an air gun  (Read 7197 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: August 10, 2014, 06:45:21 PM »

Why do headline writers like to overstate things?  Air guns are not toys, tho I will admit some mistakenly think so, apparently including the victim here.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 06:21:31 PM »

Why do headline writers like to overstate things?  Air guns are not toys, tho I will admit some mistakenly think so, apparently including the victim here.

He was holding an air gun being sold by a store that sells air guns in the section of the store that sells air guns, right? Why should that be disallowed?

The article indicated he was shot in the toy section, which unless Ohio Wal-Marts are laid out considerably differently from any other Wal-Mart I have been in, is not the section that has the air guns. Air guns are not toys folks, and they do not have the day-glow orange marking toy guns are required to have.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 12:47:48 AM »

The article indicated he was shot in the toy section, which unless Ohio Wal-Marts are laid out considerably differently from any other Wal-Mart I have been in, is not the section that has the air guns. Air guns are not toys folks, and they do not have the day-glow orange marking toy guns are required to have.

I think you're missing the point here...

I think you're straining over backward to prove your anti-pig credentials.  In this case someone was waving around what looks like a firearm (and incidentally can cause real harm, tho not as much as a firearm). It caused a stir and caused the cops to be called.  The guy was still there when they arrived and still waving it around.  The cops told him to put the gun down and he didn't comply.  Perhaps you think the cops should have waited until the guy started shooting to respond so that they could see whether or not it was an air gun or a firearm, but no, under the circumstances I'm not going to fault them for not taking additional risk by waiting for the guy to shoot first. Or perhaps you think the cops should have shot only to incapacitate?  The only people who should shoot to incapacitate are actors and idiots.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 12:16:57 AM »
« Edited: August 14, 2014, 12:44:42 AM by True Federalist »

So...every idiot open carrying into restaurants and stores can be called upon at any moment by police to drop their weapon and killed if they don't immediately comply, right?

For whatever reason, the situation was such that 911 had been called.  There's a world of difference between open carry of a holstered weapon and carrying one in a manner suggestive of being ready to use at any time.  Now if his fingers were nowhere near the trigger, then yeah, the cops here made a major mistake in shooting, but so far no one seems to be claiming that's the case.

It is sort of surprising this case got a thread well before a fairly obvious case of what is at least manslaughter by cop and quite possibly murder by cop.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 12:18:40 AM »
« Edited: August 14, 2014, 12:37:29 AM by True Federalist »

In your opinion, does the 2nd amendment apply to black people? I am pretty sure what the founding fathers would have wanted....

Yes, the 2nd amendment applies to all.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2014, 12:36:12 AM »

Yes, the cops should have noticed the orange tip on the fake gun (I won't call it a toy if you insist),

There is no orange tip on an MK-177.  Indeed, I would argue that air guns should definitely NOT have orange tips as while they do not use gunpowder they are real weapons and thus real guns. They shoot a projectile that can cause serious damage and are not toy guns or fake guns.

And yes, the cops should always shoot to cause a non-fatal injury, which is an obvious no-brainer.

No, if you're going to fire a gun, fire to incapacitate, which means potentially killing the target.  If the situation isn't at the point where firing to incapacitate is not appropriate, then the situation is such that firing at all in not appropriate.

There's no way around the fact that the cops royally f***ed this one up.

They may well have made some mistakes, but treating the deceased as if he were holding a real gun is not one of them.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2014, 10:28:07 AM »

Just for the record, people in my Scout troop used to shoot each other with air guns for fun. I always thought that was really stupid and never participated,  but let's not pretend that air guns are anywhere near as dangerous as actual guns.
I suspect your Scout troop probably had some old Daisy's or the like and not the new, improved models such as the MK-177.  Here's a medical journal article from 2002 on the subject.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies