AR Congressional Races 2014 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 07:18:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  AR Congressional Races 2014 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AR Congressional Races 2014  (Read 73427 times)
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: July 22, 2013, 10:32:02 AM »

Initially, I thought Cotton would be a strong candidate. Now, it seems he's just an another tea party member who risks to alienate voters with his far right speech.

This is Arkansas.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 05:58:50 PM »

So is he morphing into the closest thing Democrats have to Ovide Lamontagne or John Raese?
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2013, 05:42:15 PM »

Color me unsurprised.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 10:11:53 PM »

Ouch. Pryor's last ad slams Cotton for raising funds in Houston instead of being in Washington negotiating before the shutdown. 

Good to hear. We need Pryor to take a more populist message like this.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2013, 10:32:58 PM »

I don't think Pryor is worried about the 19% who supported what the GOP in Congress did last night

Well it's more like 32% in his state. But the real concerting thing is when pushed Arkansans aren't overly affected by it, even going as far as to be less likely to vote for him.

Hate to say it but this is definitely more likely of a pickup than MT, possibly WV too. Arkansas is going to be the next Oklahoma.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2013, 03:22:53 AM »

yay Cotton

Best wishes to him.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2014, 08:49:11 AM »

Pryor gaffes. This time it's he says Cotton's military service gives him a sense of entitlement.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2014, 12:13:17 PM »
« Edited: March 05, 2014, 12:15:59 PM by Sawxsylvania »

Yep. Consider this my official endorsement of Cotton. At least he respects our servicemen.

As for krazen's point, we all know that if Mark Pryor's name was Mark Smith, then we would probably be talking about how screwed Bill Halter is.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2014, 12:18:35 PM »
« Edited: March 05, 2014, 12:34:13 PM by Sawxsylvania »

What's funny is that Pryor is sitting in his daddy's Senate seat.

Yep. Consider this my official endorsement of Cotton. At least he respects our servicemen.
If you vote for Cotton Sawx, you're an awful moron democratic traitor.
Why? I'm holding him to the same standards I held Walsh.

People who don't respect our troops aren't fit for public office. End of story. We're much better off pumping up Begich, Landrieu, and Hagan than someone who votes barely to the left of Mark Kirk.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2014, 01:01:09 PM »

Add Nunn/Grimes (depending on who wins the GA primary) to that list too.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2014, 03:03:55 PM »

The DSCC stopped sending me emails on Ga and KY. Battle of Senate will be decided in MI and NC. The poll that Clarity did on MI is probably polling for PPP, internally.

Michigan is irrelevant. Voters will come home to Peters like they always have. AK, LA, GA (if Broun/Gingrey win), and NC are the firewall to the Senate. Maybe CO too.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2014, 06:55:23 PM »

Uh. No. This is a minor gaffe if anything. Pryor flat out says seconds before that he respects and is grateful for Cotton's service in the military. All he said was that fighting in Iraq doesn't qualify you to be US Senator. Would any of you argue that it does? sawx? RB?
Source around 1:30.

"I have total respect for that, I appreciate that, I will never criticize anyone for their service for our country and I thank him for that... In the Senate we have all kinds of different people, all kinds of different folks who have come from all kinds of different backgrounds, and I think that's part of this sense of entitlement that he gives off... is that almost it's like "I served in the military, therefore, elect me to the Senate." That isn't how it works in Arkansas.

Please, Clinton, explain to me how this isn't a dig at Cotton's military service, because I'm dying to know.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2014, 12:41:15 AM »

Good news, true leftists! A Green is in the race!

Problem is, he's a Larouchebag.

So that leaves the Libertarian candidate, who I guess I have to endorse now. Nathan LaFrance 2014, I guess.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2014, 09:31:42 AM »

Pulling my nonendorsement. This looks competitive again.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2014, 12:41:21 AM »

http://www.politico.com/static/PPM170_101021_alrpolling.html

This firm's polling of LASen in 2010.

While I do think, as I've said before, that Pryor is not a push-over or Blanche Lincoln 2.0, there are legitimate questions about the credibility of some of these polling sources.

And here's the other firm they merged with's 2012 polls. All of them within the MOE, and at most off by 3.

Anzalone-Liszt was less accurate for Carmona's internals themselves (just like they were for Melancon's), but for DSCC internals they were actually okay.

A rare internal I can get behind.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2014, 08:28:55 PM »

Bad week for Cotton.

His campaign leaked an internal memo of him leading by 7... and if you look closely you'll see that the toplines go back to February 2013 - a month before he got his current job as a Congressman. And now, he's skipped the tomato festival, which is Arkansas's equivalent of the start of the political season, to attend a fundraiser with the Koch brothers. For those of you who aren't familiar, it's like if Mitch McConnell or Rand Paul decided to skip out on Fancy Farm.

I'd like to officially apologize to Mark Pryor for calling Cotton entitled. He's absolutely goddamn right.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2014, 04:24:44 PM »

Oh thank the lord.

Cotton is quickly trending towards Cruz/Inhofe/McConnell/Vitter territory. Pryor may not be on the right side of the minimum wage issue, but with a third Oil War on the horizon and learning more about Cotton's general awfulness, I've come back around to support Pryor.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2014, 03:55:02 PM »

Cotton doubles down on farm bill vote, compares food stamp recipients to addicts.

Holy f***ing sh*t. I don't think I've ever seen someone more elitist in my life.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2014, 01:03:42 PM »
« Edited: October 05, 2014, 01:05:16 PM by Northeast Assemblyman Sawx for Governor »

Gross. Changing my endorsement back to LaFrance.

Say what you want about Harry Reid, but he isn't a Wall Street stooge.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies