Can Kentucky be won by a Democrat in 2020? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:31:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Can Kentucky be won by a Democrat in 2020? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Can Kentucky be won by a Democrat in 2020?  (Read 2735 times)
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« on: June 29, 2017, 07:36:39 PM »

I personally think it can, it's going to be one of the states most affected by the repeal of ObamaCare, the majority of voters in the state are Democrats (50 D - 40 R), and Mitch McConnell has the lowest approval rating in the Senate.
Also, voter turnout is extremely low, and there is too much voter apathy.

Someone posted a very interesting article a few years back about how a lot of the Republican voters in KY these days (a lot, not all) were never Democrats to begin with and have been voting Republican for decades ... and it's a lot of the socially conservative Democrats who used to push Democrats over the top in KY who are staying home on election day and no longer see it as worth it to turn out to pick between a Republican and an unsuitable Democrat tied to the national party.  Turnout in former Democratic strongholds has seen the largest drop in these states.
That's why the national Democratic party needs to rebrand itself on economic bread and butter issues and stop courting with limousine liberals in order to win them back. Maybe it will take the failure of the Trump administration to win my state.

I wanted to make it easy for folks.

I don't think the kind of Democrat that could even be competitive in KY has a chance of making his/her way to the national ticket. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies