Should private military contractors be outlawed? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 03:48:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Should private military contractors be outlawed? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should private military contractors be outlawed?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 20

Author Topic: Should private military contractors be outlawed?  (Read 1294 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: August 24, 2009, 09:21:53 AM »

Hi, I'm a defense contractor!  When my job was "military", it was a 40 man shop, with another 10 -15 "higher ups" running the show.  It cost the DoD a LOT of money.  Now that it's civilian run, it's a 10 man shop with 2 higher ups.  This saves money.  It costs a lot of money to send a guy to school for 10 months, then give him OJT for a year.....especially if he gets out of the military 24 months later.

Civilians are guards at the gate now.  They vacuum the halls at night, cut the grass during the day, fix the expensive stuff when it breaks.

"private military contractors" do a lot of things MUCH cheaper than the govt can, we want to end all that because of what one contractor did during a war?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 08:33:17 PM »

Hi, I'm a defense contractor!  When my job was "military", it was a 40 man shop, with another 10 -15 "higher ups" running the show.  It cost the DoD a LOT of money.  Now that it's civilian run, it's a 10 man shop with 2 higher ups.  This saves money.  It costs a lot of money to send a guy to school for 10 months, then give him OJT for a year.....especially if he gets out of the military 24 months later.

Civilians are guards at the gate now.  They vacuum the halls at night, cut the grass during the day, fix the expensive stuff when it breaks.

"private military contractors" do a lot of things MUCH cheaper than the govt can, we want to end all that because of what one contractor did during a war?

Uh, how about the fact the PMCs in New Orleans during Katrina confiscated firearms from the population? Or that they were hired to raid medical marijuana clinics under Bush? Not things that I think a libertarian would be very fond of.
Where did I say I agreed 100% with everything every military contractor did anywhere?  Did you even read what I typed?  You made a retarded theory of yours into a poll, clearly not thinking it through.  I explained why you're at idiot and you come back with this?  Maybe you're not ready to discuss things with big people yet?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 08:41:40 PM »

Now, I don't know what dead0man is doing. Chances are he's cheaper because he's so shoddy at it. Tongue Kiss
I fix the expensive stuff.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
I'm not sure why base protection has been outsourced, well, I'm sure it's cheaper, but still, it seems kind of silly to have civilians protect the military.  The cops that pull your over on base are still military, just not the gaurds that check your ID when you enter the base.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 11:25:15 PM »

Yeah, I'm not a fan of them being used in combat....seems like a road we shouldn't be going down.  Especially offensive operations.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies