Do women have lower incomes (on average) because of discrimination? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:22:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Do women have lower incomes (on average) because of discrimination? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes (D)

No (D)

Yes (R)

No (R)

Yes (I/O)

No (I/O)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 61

Author Topic: Do women have lower incomes (on average) because of discrimination?  (Read 3709 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: April 09, 2014, 05:40:03 PM »

Women do get compensated, they are pretty much a shoe in to win a divorce settlement.
I would laugh if that wasn't so sad.  For better or worse, the idea that divorce is an automatic golden parachute for the woman is long dead and has been for quite some time, even in circumstances where the husband was philandering and/or abusive.  Now it is somewhat true that women do tend to be favored in custody disputes, which in many cases means they get to take care of the kids while their biological father is late or totally non-compliant with the child support, but alimony is not at all the usual result of a divorce these days.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 12:44:55 AM »

Obviously as a divorce lawyer you have an advanced understanding of this issue.
Ironically I am related to a divorce lawyer. But anyway I have seen almost every guy I have ever known get screwed.

That probably says more about the guys you know than it does about divorce in general.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 10:29:31 AM »

Or he'll think even less of you that he currently does, if that is possible.  I'd think his meaning was abundantly clear.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies