CBS: Black male voters in Georgia on why they're backing Republicans
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 03:40:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  CBS: Black male voters in Georgia on why they're backing Republicans
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CBS: Black male voters in Georgia on why they're backing Republicans  (Read 481 times)
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 03, 2024, 06:00:44 PM »

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2024, 06:03:47 PM »

Blks aren't voting for Trump but 13 percent do you know that GA is within 3 pts, yeah Walker agrees with you.

Why you endorse a Maga R in Trump and he is going to free white people as insurrection but keep blks imprisoned
GAinDC

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2024, 06:10:54 PM »
« Edited: May 03, 2024, 06:15:25 PM by GAinDC »

Warnock stumping for Biden will help in GA, assuming this trend is real. But I’m not so sure.

Also, there’s only a difference of about 6% percentage points when comparing the 2020 exit poll to the 2024 poll they’re referencing — Trump at 11% with Black Men (2020) compared to 17% now. I realize that kind of swing could matter in a close state like Georgia, but the media acts like a shift at the margins is a realignment. It’s not, and could easily be overcome by Biden doing a couple points better with another group, but I guess it makes an interesting story.
GAinDC

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2024, 06:14:55 PM »

Also, any bets on how long it takes before we find out one of these “average voters” is actually a GOP operative?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2024, 08:50:29 PM »

Also, any bets on how long it takes before we find out one of these “average voters” is actually a GOP operative?

Approximately three minutes. The first guy they feature the host even admits is an Obama-Obama-Trump voter and therefore not someone now flipping to Trump. Then about three minutes in they throw in a second guy who the caption says is on the "Georgia Black Republican Council"...so yeah there's the GOP operative who they openly admit is one. The third and last guy featured isn't even a Republican voter at all but rather's Biden's communication director to black communities in Georgia.

So basically this video just briefly shows two black guys who have been voting Republican for 8 years now.
Agafin
Cameroon

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2024, 07:28:34 AM »

Warnock stumping for Biden will help in GA, assuming this trend is real. But I’m not so sure.

Also, there’s only a difference of about 6% percentage points when comparing the 2020 exit poll to the 2024 poll they’re referencing — Trump at 11% with Black Men (2020) compared to 17% now. I realize that kind of swing could matter in a close state like Georgia, but the media acts like a shift at the margins is a realignment. It’s not, and could easily be overcome by Biden doing a couple points better with another group, but I guess it makes an interesting story.

The data shown are for black people as a whole not just black men. If he's winning 17% of black georgians, that probably translates to around 25% of black male voters given the gender voting gap.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2024, 10:52:36 AM »

The data is crap and as already highlighted the people in the video are not exactly new Trump voters. That said, there are Biden voters in Eastern Kentucky but putting them on camera doesn't mean that area is going to flip.

There are a number of Black men who embody a chauvinistic, anti-woman and aggressive attitude that Trump carries. If you actually pay attention to what a lot of pro-Trump Black men say you'll see a lot of them stay online saying hateful things about Black women. Trump is good at winning hateful voters.
GAinDC

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2024, 12:56:50 PM »

The data shown are for black people as a whole not just black men. If he's winning 17% of black georgians, that probably translates to around 25% of black male voters given the gender voting gap.

Thanks for the clarification. That would still be a relatively minor shift if it happened.

I really believe that if Trump was going to dramatically shift the Black vote, he would have done it already. He’s a known quantity now and doesn’t offer novelty like in 2016 or incumbency like in 2020. This year, I can see a minor shift toward Trump but nothing earth shattering.
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2024, 01:02:28 PM »

Thanks for the clarification. That would still be a relatively minor shift if it happened.

I really believe that if Trump was going to dramatically shift the Black vote, he would have done it already. He’s a known quantity now and doesn’t offer novelty like in 2016 or incumbency like in 2020. This year, I can see a minor shift toward Trump but nothing earth shattering.

Trump doesn’t need dramatic shifts.

A few percent here from column A (blacks), a little from column B (Muslims), etc.

Biden is on full defense mode - he will not flip a Trump 2020 state. Biden is in serious trouble and the cope on each metric by the red avatars doesn’t change that.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2024, 02:28:51 PM »

Biden is clearly gaining on Trump in NC not GA, the OP above me needs to just wait til the actual votes come in all Trump leads are inside MOE
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies